Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Apr 14, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
dringster
slightly serious Dibber

dringster's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great tips...so how do you become a member of Club 33?
Old 4 Apr 14, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Definitely Carsland - when we visited, we obtained a Fastpass when we got to the park. May have been a 10-15 minute wait, but well worth it. On the two occasions we did this, we got return windows for mid afternoon and the standby queues were 2 hours plus! Incidentally, when we went, the Carsland FPs were not linked into the main FP system, so we could hold another FP at the same time.

Also worth noting that you can get FPs for World of Color from around 11am onwards, and again, these don't appear to be linked to the main FP system. We ended up with FPs for Carsland, WoC and Tower of Terror all at the same time.

If you enjoy Toy Story Mania, when we were there in early August, the queues seemed to be a consistent 30 mins, although there isn't as much theming as the Hollywood Studios version of the ride.

If you have the park hopper tickets, the two parks are literally a minute's stroll apart, so very easy to hop between the two. We did this on our final day, so enjoyed redoing some of our favourites from each of the parks.

We also found that there was no problem at all watching the parades. At WDW, people start staking out a viewing spot hours beforehand - when we were in DLR, we had a fantastic spot near to Main Square just turning up at 3:50.

Finally, you must see Tangled at the Royal Theatre at DLR, and Aladdin in DCA - both extremely funny, but do get there in plenty of time as certainly the former was full 20 minutes before it started.

HTH and have a fantastic time.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!

Edited at 09:29 AM.
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dringster View Post
Great tips...so how do you become a member of Club 33?
Membership to Club 33, like all good things, requires patience. This changes however based upon the number of memberships offered per year. Some years there are no memberships offered, while other years may bring about several membership opportunities.

You must first submit a written letter of inquiry via the address as follows:

Club 33 Member Services

1600 S. Disneyland Drive

Anaheim, CA 92802

Upon receipt of the letter the Club 33 secretary will forward an information packet. Please allow six to ten weeks for the arrival. This packet will contain current pricing, membership privileges and a brief introduction and history of Club 33.
After reviewing the information you may then submit a written letter requesting to become a member and therein be placed upon the waiting list. A letter of confirmation requesting to be placed upon the list is most important, as many who receive the information packet do not re-contact the club. It would not be efficient to place everyone on the list based upon a single contact letter or inquiry.

Please keep in mind, this is a very formal affair and guidelines are in place to assist in expediting your membership.

Calling the club to determine your exact location on the list is not recommended and normally the club will not disclose your exact position. They may express an approx. wait time based in years. We recommend to refrain from calling, as the club is quite busy.

The list moves slowly, please be patient.

As the list moves, the club may send you a letter of intent, confirming you wish to remain on the pending membership list. A series of these letters were dispatched April of 2007. This procedure is completed to confirm that would-be members who have been on the list for a high number of years are still interested. Many applicants during such a span of time may have moved or re-located for employment reasons.

It's $30,000 to join and then an annual fee of $6,500 and you still have to pay for any meals you have! They are the price of a one day park ticket.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 14, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dringster
slightly serious Dibber

dringster's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for the detailed reply, I never realised it took such planing but it's Disney I should have realised (slapping my own wrist!). It's more exclusive than V&A, and more of a long term commitment. Thanks again
Old 6 Apr 14, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Won't repeat what others have said , some fab tips. Indiana Jones in DL, house of tomorrow ( can't recall it's exact name but it looks like Innoventions in DL) the New Orleans styled section of DL, very atmospheric. Kabobs at Paradise Garden Grill, DCA, Screamin at DCA and although we missed it , the Aladdin show is supposed to be fab at DCA too.
Happy planning
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 14, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

What I loved in Disneyland/DCA:

Disneyland:

- Parade was really good and lots of fun. Had the song stuck in my head for ages afterwards!

- Rides: Big Thunder Mountain AT NIGHT was amazing. Star Tours was pretty awesome (but I think same exists in DHS?).

- Exploring: All the shops! Soaking in the theming and atmosphere.

- I also took a little ride in the horse-drawn carriage up and down Main Street! And got a picture with the horse and carriage afterwards

- Watching Jedi Training Academy was lots of fun too!

DCA:

- World of Color - don't miss this, one of Disney's best night shows (along with Dreams in DLP)

- Rides: Soarin', California Screamin', Cars (RSR), Tower of Terror, Pirates, Toy Story

- Shows: Aladdin was pretty good (and I think the Genie improvises so he throws in lots of references to current pop culture or news). Also enjoyed the Muppets show

- Exploring: Cars land was seriously fun, lots of detail and theming.

- Food: I really enjoyed Flo's V8 cafe - one of the CMs recommended it to me and was definitely a good recommendation (good food and atmosphere). Also really liked the sourdough bread bowl soup at Boudin (?) and looking through all the chocolate at Ghiradelli!

Both Disneyland/DCA:

- Random character interactions. I didn't set out to meet any characters on my trip but still ended up with photos from a few of them just by wandering around the parks! Even got ambushed by Mr Incredible...
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

The big Ferris wheel, has a line for swingers. These carriages can equipped with sick bags for a good reason.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by trampslikeus View Post
The big Ferris wheel, has a line for swingers. These carriages can equipped with sick bags for a good reason.
Oooooo er ;-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 14, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread