Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Apr 14, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Depends what hotel you want though , this year i looked 3 weeks before we flew out and the Venetian for 4 nights was cheaper than what i'd paid for the Flamingo for 4 nights, yes i was kicking myself lol..
! Thats amazing! We were sat last night looking at prices for tonight, some of them were £12!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
! Thats amazing! We were sat last night looking at prices for tonight, some of them were £12!
I know.. my daughter was well gutted !

There's definitely always good deals to be had, either by waiting or signing up to the likes of Smarter Vegas.

When i booked the PH for last year it was using a link DiamondDog posted on here and i paid something like $45 per night for the 4 of us (no resort fee as it didn't apply then but it does now to all Caesars' hotels).
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I know.. my daughter was well gutted !

There's definitely always good deals to be had, either by waiting or signing up to the likes of Smarter Vegas.

When i booked the PH for last year it was using a link DiamondDog posted on here and i paid something like $45 per night for the 4 of us (no resort fee as it didn't apply then but it does now to all Caesars' hotels).
Great advice as always, you got me thinking now and I may well wait, got lots of time to keep looking I guess, it's hard though when you are an impatient person lol
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Great advice as always, you got me thinking now and I may well wait, got lots of time to keep looking I guess, it's hard though when you are an impatient person lol
It's funny but i'm a very impatient person normally but when it comes to holidays i'm happy to wait .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
What would you class as a better hotel ? I have just been on TA and the latest reviews on PH are not very encouraging, after staying at TheHotel we were a bit spoilt IMO, can't see me affording The Venetian and the likes, I was just wondering what you thought is 'better' hotels
Sorry, I didn't mean specifically a better hotel than PH, I just meant a better hotel later on than one I booked now because I'm so impatient! PH seems a great hotel, it's just the pool that makes it a no-no for me.

Seriously wait, i've been 6 times at the same time of year and only once booked in advance when VH had a very good sale on..PH is showing good prices i know but others will come down the longer you wait.

Tropicana i stayed there in 2012 for 2 weeks and last year for 8 days, i paid £530 for the 8 nights and bare in mind i pay for 4 people, 2 is almost always much cheaper.
Yes the pool gets lots of sun , it also goes sort of underneath the hotel and there's tv's in the inside bit and a jacuzzi.
There should be some pics in my trippie from last year :-)
I will definitely be waiting Tropicana sounds lovely, not the location I was thinking of but you just adapt to where you are don't you! Will check out your piccies...thank you
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I know we have a car but we don't use it that much and i don't think the location was a problem really.

There are plenty of food options near the Tropicana, (its one downfall i think is for us the food options at the hotel aren't great) and it doesn't take us long to walk to center strip, and many a time we've walked down to the Fashion Show Mall from there.
And there is a monorail station (not that we use it) at the MGM which is just over the walkway.

I think we do more stuff if we stay that end, where as when we are central we don't end up wandering so far.

Put it this way the pool area is 100 times better than the Flamingo much bigger and far more spacious around it so you can all spread out unlike the Flamingo.
Old 23 Apr 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread