Notices

Old 16 Aug 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Paultons park - flight of the pterosaur for a wimp

Hey all

Going to paultons with my 7 and 4 year old on Friday and both hubby and I are wimps with rides lol!

Manager the catopillar (please don’t laugh) which was fine. Now debating whether I would manage flight of the pterosaur. I don’t like things that turn my stomach or make you feel queasy (even the log flume there made my belly go haha)

How does it feel? It looks like only one drop at the start and if we sat at the front doesn’t look too fast. Does it turn the belly?

What a wuss I am haha
Old 16 Aug 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

It is smoother than the caterpillar in my opinion. My youngest is 6, tiny (105cm) and has cerebral palsy and can't walk unaided and it was her first proper coaster (she had been on the Caterpillar aged 5). She loved it! We also took her on the other dinosaur one (purple one) and this was great too but definitely scarier. Pterosaur doesn't have that drop feeling that you get on the caterpillar or log flume. It is also over very quickly!

My 9 year old took me on the two new ones in Tornado Springs - they're in a different league!
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Ahh thanks - I’ll have to try and be brave lol! I won’t be doing that purple one as it goes backwards haha! And drops! I don’t think my kids would do it either. I’ve done the small Dino chase for the really little ones haha.
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

Good luck! You might find you like it so much you go on twice!
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

A bit late, I know, but Pterasaur is an excellent coaster, it’s beautifully smooth. My 7yo got spooked by a bad experience on wickerman at Alton towers and had a big wobbly about being on Pterosaur as it started, but absolutely loved it and it has got him back on bigger coasters. If you did it, I hope you also gave stormchaser a go, it’s a superb coaster, after getting his confidence back my son rode it 5 times in a row!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

We did it my eldest convinced me (she’s a wuss) and she hates it. Youngest who’s 4 wanted to do them all. I liked it, still had that tummy drop feeling at the start but didn’t last long. Defo not brave enough for spinning on storm chaser haha!