Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 2 Jan 22, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Covid threads —- can we have a separate forum for them please?

Don’t get me wrong, I know Covid worries everyone and there is lots of info we all need to know, but when I try and be positive and look at planning for my holiday on the main planning thread the majority is Covid related and I just need some proper planning and positivity and don’t always want to think about Covid. Is there any chance there can be a specific Covid posting place so those that want some general planning can go to the planning thread and those that want Covid info or chat can go there?. I’m a long time dibber and need to escape

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

There is. It’s called current issues.
Edit current virus issue. Sorry

Edited at 11:03 PM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
Don’t get me wrong, I know Covid worries everyone and there is lots of info we all need to know, but when I try and be positive and look at planning for my holiday on the main planning thread the majority is Covid related and I just need some proper planning and positivity and don’t always want to think about Covid. Is there any chance there can be a specific Covid posting place so those that want some general planning can go to the planning thread and those that want Covid info or chat can go there?. I’m a long time dibber and need to escape
There is a separate forum, but I think the problem is that it is impossible to plan for a holiday currently because of covid - all of the normal Disney elements are suspended or different, flights are all over the shop, car hire is crazy. Planning as we knew it does not exist at the moment, I can't see how the two can be separated?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Maybe it’s just me but to me there are loads of planning aspects that are not Covid related, i love planning my holidays and it is an escapism, but all the Covid stuff mixed in takes away all the joy of planning for me…. Maybe after 11 years of paying for the dibb every month its time to do it another way……. Sad but need to find some joy

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Maybe it’s just me but to me there are loads of planning aspects that are not Covid related, i love planning my holidays and it is an escapism, but all the Covid stuff mixed in takes away all the joy of planning for me…. Maybe after 11 years of paying for the dibb every month its time to do it another way……. Sad but need to find some joy
Don't give up, there is a whole World of joy out there. After going in November it was so refreshing to see it all again.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I do understand what you mean, maybe if you start a thread just ask that covid isnt mentioned?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 22, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I get it. Current issues is general Covid and lots of people want to avoid it. There are planning questions specific to Covid though so people want to avoid Current Issues but still ask the questions. There’s also a cohort of people not needing to worry about testing etc just now who want to avoid any Covid talk. I do agree that it would be good to have a separate area for Covid related planning. There are so many testing questions alone!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Is there any chance there can be a specific Covid posting place so those that want some general planning can go to the planning thread and those that want Covid info or chat can go there?.
There already is. There's a separate Current Virus Issues Forum which is supposed to be used for anything and everything Covid related.

Of course, once travel to Florida restarted people wanted to discuss Covid things relating to travel and planning over in the usual travel and planning area of the DIBB rather than hunting for the travel/planning info in some separate Covid area. Which makes some sense.

And then there's this post:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1211581

...asking just a couple of days after yours for posts about Florida travel planning and COVID to be merged rather than separated.

That's the problem. Some people want all the travel planning stuff to be in one place, including anything Covid related to do with travelling. Whereas others, like yourself, want anything Covid-related separated out to somewhere else. Unfortunately, some people are going to be disappointed whichever option is chosen.

And, tbh, it would be difficult to ensure everyone followed one or the other option anyway. I mean, the DIBB already has exactly what you've asked for and yet it hasn't stopped people posting Covid stuff elsewhere.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:29 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List