Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Jan 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
I am trying to amend the dates of my booking and yesterday when I called the wait time was 70 minutes and I had to hang up to do the school run. Just tried again and estimated wait time was 135 minutes. I thought it would be shorter this morning while the US is still asleep.

Please can you let me know where I can find the chat function as I googled and just got the phone number.
The US being asleep makes no difference, WDTC is for UK guests.

I have been chopping and changing a bit lately and use the call back option when it is busy. It works well and you can expect your callback pretty much in however many minutes it says the wait time is.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
The US being asleep makes no difference, WDTC is for UK guests.

I have been chopping and changing a bit lately and use the call back option when it is busy. It works well and you can expect your callback pretty much in however many minutes it says the wait time is.
I just assumed it was all going through to the same number now and we weren’t calling the London office because of how long the wait was. I was surprised a few months back to speak to a lady in America when I was calling the UK Disneyland Paris number.

Thanks for the tip about callback, I’ll give that a try tomorrow if the wait is high again .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I just assumed it was all going through to the same number now and we weren’t calling the London office because of how long the wait was. I was surprised a few months back to speak to a lady in America when I was calling the UK Disneyland Paris number.

Thanks for the tip about callback, I’ll give that a try tomorrow if the wait is high again .
It is, the call centre has been centralised. But they probably have fewer staff on outside of core US hours, so still long waits in UK hours.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

What number are you ringing? I use an 0800 number and as far as I can remember I have always spoken to someone with an American accent (I mean going back years). I concluded they must do that to make it more authentic Disney, but yes WDTC is a UK based travel agent for UK customers.
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

What number are you ringing? I use an 0800 number and as far as I can remember I have always spoken to someone with an American accent (I mean going back years). I concluded they must do that to make it more authentic Disney, but yes WDTC is a UK based travel agent for UK customers.
Yes the only number I can find is the 0800 number and it says Walt Disney Travel Company UK in the announcement when the call connects. Only had to call them a couple of times, the last time was 2017 and I definitely spoke to someone British both times but could have just been a coincidence.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Yes the only number I can find is the 0800 number and it says Walt Disney Travel Company UK in the announcement when the call connects. Only had to call them a couple of times, the last time was 2017 and I definitely spoke to someone British both times but could have just been a coincidence.
I have probably called twenty times since 2017 and always an American accent.

When you call the 0800 number, hang on until you get to the call back option, I think you can put a different number in if you are going to be somewhere else. They will call you back when you are first in the queue, so when you pick up you will be on hold for a couple more minutes until the next CM is available. Works really well and less stressful than just hanging on and on.
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It is, the call centre has been centralised. But they probably have fewer staff on outside of core US hours, so still long waits in UK hours.
Ah, thank you for confirming. The wait this morning was double what it was yesterday afternoon so my theory of it being quieter when the US was asleep was proven wrong, as you say I assume they have less staff on in the UK mornings.

I have probably called twenty times since 2017 and always an American accent.

When you call the 0800 number, hang on until you get to the call back option, I think you can put a different number in if you are going to be somewhere else. They will call you back when you are first in the queue, so when you pick up you will be on hold for a couple more minutes until the next CM is available. Works really well and less stressful than just hanging on and on.
That sounds much better than waiting and waiting on hold thank you.

I’ve never really had to amend my booking before, and when I had to cancel in the pandemic I just did it by email, so yes only a couple of calls from me.
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's a UK registered company, rather than UK based. The calls are all now routed through the central Disney call centre AFAIK. Which I'm pretty sure is in Tampa, with some regional offices and also WFH staff.

One of my calls last year, I was definitely speaking to someone physically in Florida. Don't remember how we got onto the subject though.

The London office IIRC is primarily marketing and a small IT team for the UK specific systems, at least in recent years.

Edited at 05:57 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
baggies
Very Serious Dibber

baggies's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For this trip I have had to call a few times and I find calling about 20mins before closing works well, you are established in the queue so not booted when they close, my longest wait is 40mins typically less than 30mins.

I did call on one occasion a few minutes before closure and I was booted saying they are closed.

I also have taken the option to make a payment that always connects within minutes, I pay some money off the bill and then say oh can you help me ... last time was to add genie+ and they happily did it ... only did that once but worked well
Oct 2005 DLP Newport Bay Hotel
May 2004 i-Drive, Oct 1995 i-Drive

Edited at 12:35 AM.
baggies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve only ever spoken to someone with a British accent once and I assumed he was just living over there. I’ve definitely had chats with some CM’s who’ve used the phrase “over there” so I assume it’s a US call centre open early hours for us.
I also used the call back option the other day and it worked well. Saved me hanging on for 2 hours.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List