Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jan 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Called as soon as the time changed to 9 am, estimated wait time 96 minutes. I can’t wait or do a callback today as I’m going wedding dress shopping with my sister.

I tried chat in the MDE app last night, they responded after two and a half hours to say it has to be done on the phone.

Did some Googling last night and found a few articles on this, it seems call waits have been this crazy at least since September. I did have to laugh when someone in the comments said they had a long wait to make all their dining reservations on the phone…if people would just book these things online maybe there wouldn’t be such long wait times for people who have to call .

The automated message I got back last night while I was waiting said:

‘Due to the Guest’s [sic] excitement and popularity of Genie+ we are experiencing higher than normal wait times’. Hilarious.

At the end of the chat I said that I had tried calling five times in three days and had wait times of 130-167 minutes and he didn’t even respond to pass on the company’s apologies for the long waits or say ‘hope you get it sorted’, he just ended the conversation as resolved.

I wish there was a way to complain to Disney as I’m really peed off at how difficult a simple booking amendment is proving to be. I’ve honestly never experienced such bad customer service. However, I’m guessing the only way to complain is to sit in that call queue (and it’s not their fault, I feel awful for those CMs) or email but apparently they’re taking weeks to reply to emails too. It’s just cr*p.
I know what you mean about people calling for things at can easily be done online, makes me a little irritated too.

I think the only thing to do is assume callback will be about two hours and then book it in for when you know you can stop what you are doing to take a call, you can it a mobile number in if you are going to be elsewhere than home.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I know what you mean about people calling for things at can easily be done online, makes me a little irritated too.

I think the only thing to do is assume callback will be about two hours and then book it in for when you know you can stop what you are doing to take a call, you can it a mobile number in if you are going to be elsewhere than home.
I just don’t know why you’d want to wait on hold for hours to do something you can quickly and easily do online yourself!

Yes that’s what I need to do, plan ahead to when I know I can take the call in a few hours time…just want to get it sorted now!
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Just posted this in another thread in trip planning but wanted to share my experience here as I’ve now finally got my booking amendment done.

I called dead-on 10 when lines opened this morning and was told my estimated wait time was 11 minutes. I was offered a call back but thought because it was short I would just wait.

11 minutes turned out to be 57 minutes which was annoying but the CM I spoke to was absolutely lovely and asked ‘How may I make some Disney magic for you?’

Got my booking amended and got to keep all the benefits of the original offer (14 day tickets for 7, dining credit, $200 Disney gift card and celebration gift basket) even though I was shortening the booking from 11 to 5 nights because it was still the same hotel (you can move within resort class without losing benefits) and the dates were still within the offer window.

The CM told me to get my park passes booked because she wanted me to get the parks I want and not have to go to the same park I don’t want over and over every day….we all know she means Epcot 🤣.

Speaking to such a fab CM means I feel a bit less peed off about the whole thing now but I still hope Disney get their call wait times sorted out soon.

Just glad I got it sorted and my tip would be call at opening time on a Sunday and take the callback option even if estimated wait is short because it might end up being a lot longer like mine.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I just don’t know why you’d want to wait on hold for hours to do something you can quickly and easily do online yourself!

Yes that’s what I need to do, plan ahead to when I know I can take the call in a few hours time…just want to get it sorted now!
How do you know people are doing things on the phone that they can do on line? They might all have to do stuff on the phone, just like you, and are as annoyed as you.

Edited at 01:37 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just posted this in another thread in trip planning but wanted to share my experience here as I’ve now finally got my booking amendment done.

I called dead-on 10 when lines opened this morning and was told my estimated wait time was 11 minutes. I was offered a call back but thought because it was short I would just wait.

11 minutes turned out to be 57 minutes which was annoying but the CM I spoke to was absolutely lovely and asked ‘How may I make some Disney magic for you?’

Got my booking amended and got to keep all the benefits of the original offer (14 day tickets for 7, dining credit, $200 Disney gift card and celebration gift basket) even though I was shortening the booking from 11 to 5 nights because it was still the same hotel (you can move within resort class without losing benefits) and the dates were still within the offer window.

The CM told me to get my park passes booked because she wanted me to get the parks I want and not have to go to the same park I don’t want over and over every day….we all know she means Epcot 🤣.

Speaking to such a fab CM means I feel a bit less peed off about the whole thing now but I still hope Disney get their call wait times sorted out soon.

Just glad I got it sorted and my tip would be call at opening time on a Sunday and take the callback option even if estimated wait is short because it might end up being a lot longer like mine.
I’m on hold now but not been offered a call back at all . 🤷🏼
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
How do you know people are doing things on the phone that they can do on line? They might all have to do stuff on the phone, just like you, and are as annoyed as you.
The comment was in reference to someone saying they’d called to make dining reservations.

To be honest, if Disney allowed more things to be done online their phone lines wouldn’t have such long waits. With regards to a resort reservation the only things you can do online are book and pay the full balance. Anything else requires a phone call which is a pain. I’d love to be able to amend online.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Wow. As explained below we were discussing people calling to do things such as dining reservations which can easily be done online. Not sure why you jumped on my comment without reading the whole conversation.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The comment was in reference to someone saying they’d called to make dining reservations.

To be honest, if Disney allowed more things to be done online their phone lines wouldn’t have such long waits. With regards to a resort reservation the only things you can do online are book and pay the full balance. Anything else requires a phone call which is a pain. I’d love to be able to amend online.
Thank you. Yes exactly, there must be ways to be able to do more online. Other companies allow online amendments and yes for example with BA you can pay part of your balance so I wish Disney would improve their website to allow the customer to do more without having to call.
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’m on hold now but not been offered a call back at all . 🤷🏼
It seems to vary, I called seven times I think over the last week and only got offered a call back on three of those.
Old 28 Jan 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

This booking still hasn’t updated on MDE. We are still thinking we likely to cancel but I rang about a different booking earlier and thought I would mention this one not updating. Well I have now been on hold for 45 minutes since explaining the issue! I think maybe I will give up.

Getting through in the first place, well I rang this morning and didn’t get the callback option. I hung up, dialled again and got the callback option. It was a 163 minute wait time and I got my callback in just under three hours, so I thought it worked well and was pretty stress free.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I saw in Disney news this week that they're offering a large sign on bonus for call centre staff now, so they must really be struggling.

Hope you get it sorted.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List