Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Jan 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The 4 Amigos
I want to go now!

Lyft vs car hire

Hi Dibbers
We are returning to florida in Oct this year and are debating the car vs Lyft/Uber. It seems car hire has gone through the roof and when you add parking it hardly seems worth it. Would love to hear people's opinions on this
The 4 Amigos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
figment05
Very Serious Dibber

We are going in August and are intending to user Uber/Lyft. My logic is even if car hire drops to around £400 for 2 weeks if you factor in $25 a day for parking. Thats a total of around £670. So if uber is $25 each way to disney I've still save money. Looking at the hotel around LBV it won't cost that much and we can use the hotel shuttle some times. So I think it will be cheaper, but not sure if it will be inconvenient .
figment05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Really depends where you are staying, whether you stay at the parks all day, what parks you are going to visit and whether you eat onsite. For me we stay at a villa close to the parks, doing a whole host of parks, disney, universal, seaworld, bush, kennedy. Like the option to pop back to the villa during the day and eat primarily offsite. There are also 7 of us and would require two ubers. Once you take into account coming back to the villa then going back out again, trips to wallmart, and offsite restaurants. A trip to Bush Gardens and Kennedy would also be expensive, therefore Uber/Lyft works out a pretty expensive option for us, and less convenience.

Ultimately it depends on all of the above whether an uber/lyft is actually worthwhile.

If you get a quote from Andy you should hopefully get a more reasonable price.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

its 6 and 2 three's as Dan has mentioned above - I was a bit apprehensive when we first went without a car but we were staying the whole time at the HRH and only planned on going out to places like the malls & Disney springs so the Uber option worked really well and it did mean I could have a few scoops whilst out. I think if staying in a villa things might be different but I'm sure I've seen posts where people have managed fine without a car in the villa's - what about getting there and seeing how the land lies for the first few days and if you want a bit more freedom hire a car locally (not sure if this is feasible/economical)
Old 19 Jan 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

As mentioned, it completely depends on where you are staying and what your daily plans are. For the majority of villas I won't even consider not having a car. There are a few locations that would be doable though.