Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wishtogoback View Post
I see this very differently that you have outlined…you son was assaulted in a premeditated and coordinated act of violence during which he defended himself. You have subsequently been threatened and sent abusive messages by the parents of the perpetrators. This is most definitely a police matter and way above the school to resolve in a meaningful way. The school do need to be involved to ensure his safety in school but they are very limited in what they can do as redress.
It also was co ordinated to happen outside of School grounds and thus beyond both the Schools hours and the Schools times of responsibility on both occasions.
Whilst the School has an obligation to your sons safety within the School, they may well drop their shoulders on any ‘afters’.

That is my experience of School procedure and from a position of direct experience when my own son was attacked.

Using the Police? No secret that I am a retired D.C… Good luck with that.

I don’t want to sound negative in any way at all. This is a nasty incident. I simply feel that you may be disappointed with action taken.

Bravo to your son for sticking up for what is right and proper by the way. I just hope that he weathers this storm in his exam prep term.

A complaint under the harassment act (Sarah’s law) may work better than toying with possible Criminal Offences that may be very hard to prove.. subjective, pre- emptive strike defences forwarded by a Solicitor on legal aid, he said she said, lie telling witnesses etc, but again, some families and groups are feral when it comes to law, order and most importantly prosecution and punishment in any case. I have dealt with many such people, sometimes through 2 or more generations of the same family. They have correctly identified the weakness of our liberal Criminal Justice system.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:41 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Don't have any advice to add because I think what you have done so far is correct and that you are right to put it into the hands of police. Just want to express sympathy. What an awful position to be in
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I too haven’t any advice to offer, but wanted to let you know I’ve been thinking of you ever since I read this - I’ve been sickened to hear of this abuse, both from the children but particularly of the parents. 😢

Sending you very much love and I do so hope that it’s resolved very soon and that you and your son can get back to feeling safe xx
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I agree with the above, I also think the school should have called the police as soon as they where aware of the boys waiting for your son. This must be awful for your family.
I was just going to say the same.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Reading your original post again and your update I think you should question if the school were aware of the younger kid being bullied in the first place and ask if they had informed the school that they were aware of the latest threats towards your son and that there was an assault potentially being planned. Also an assault does not have to be physically violent but merely placing someone into a state of fear or alarm.

Edited at 12:00 AM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

any news ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Why did the school not get the police involved?
I thin you have done everything right?
Have there been any repercussions in class? Or on your children’s social media?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just wondered how things were now? X
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just read this- how awful for you all. You must all be very stressed. I really hope the police will get able to get involved and calm things down