Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki's Super Secret Magical Wedding and Honeymoon Adventure- Day 9 CG Brunch Sun 11th May

Today was another day we were really looking forward to- California Grill Brunch! We didnt have to be there until 10.00am so we could take things at a slightly slower pace this morning. Somehow we still ended up getting an Uber instead of the planned route of Magic Kingdom bus and the Contemporary walkway. We booked an early brunch as it was Mothers Day in America and we thought it would be busy later.

We checked in at the podium on the second floor and were taken in the lift up to the top. I didnt want to dress up today as we were going to the outlets afterwards but i wished i had as there were a lot of fancy ladies about. Never mind i would have to rock my "Brunch" tshirt instead. We were soon called to our table, handed a welcome glass of champagne and was given a window seat to take in all the amazing views.

Our server was the best, he was very friendly and explained the brunch process. The buffet was all you care to enjoy and featured the likes of sushi, bagels, granolas, cooked meats, deviled eggs, cheeses, pastries, carving station. There was a Bloody Mary bar. All Mimosas were complimentary and we were entitled to a cocktail each too on the DDP. Entrees had to be ordered but we were encouraged to order as many as we wanted and to try a little of each. Dessert was also unlimited and was a Bourbon Cake with icecream. And you also got a little sharing plate of mini desserts to enjoy too. Thank goodness we were starving, it all looked and sounded amazing. We ordered our cocktails- Blackberry Sour for me and San Francisco Mai Tai for Brett. Both were fruity and refreshing. I am surprised we werent tipsy with the constant Mimosa top-ups.

We hit the buffet first and tried to sample a little bit of everything. The deviled eggs were out of this world, i may have had five of these. I also had a lot of the fish dip which was super smokey and creamy. The lamb was the cut of meat on the carving station and it was cooked pink and seasoned beautifully. The sushi was gorgeous especially the Tempura sushi. The meats and cheeses were also beautiful from the charcuterie section. When we came back our table had been decorated with Mickey sprinkles

We ordered our entrees and decided on Lobster Eggs Benedict and Shrimp and Grits. The lobster was so buttery and delicious and was mixed with an orange flavoured sauce. The shrimp and grits portion was huge, we only ate half of it as we wanted to try another dish too but it was gorgeous and a little bit spicy. We decided to give the Bison Burger a try too and it was also quite big with a portion of waffle fries. The meat was beautiful, we really enjoyed this

Our server encouraged us to try the Bourbon pudding so we got a little portion to share with our plate of mini desserts. These were cinamon rolls, fruit jellies, macaroons and chocolate truffles. All so good and we were now well and truly stuffed.

We got an Uber to the Vineland Outlets hoping that a walk round the shops would burn off some of the food. We had a look in the Disney Character Warehouse first because my friends had seen on the Tim Tracker vlog that there were some of the Monsters Inc dresses in stock. They had nothing left. In fact there wasnt really anything in the store at all other than a few tshirts, mugs and toys. We headed over to Levis which is one of our favourite stores in the UK. There were a lot of bargains to be had, we could have spent a lot more than we did. We both got the same denim shirt, a pair of shorts each, Brett got a bomber jacket and i got a white denim jacket. We spent just under $200 on the 6 items which i thought was a great deal.

We headed over to Ralph Lauren and Brett fell in love with a nautical themed bomber jacket that was really great quality and less than half price. Unfortunately they didnt have his size so we left empty handed. We had a wander round some more shops but nothing caught our eye. I headed to Fossil to see if they had any bags in the 70% off section and they had a really nice blue one which cost $53.

We went over to Kate Spade to see if they had any bargains and they had a bag that i had previously wanted to buy in the UK for $90 (full price was £250 here).

We got an Uber back to the hotel late afternoon with no plans for the evening so decided to have a quick dip in the hot tub, a wander round the Savannah to have a look at the animals, relax around the campfire on the rocking chairs and then enjoy our champagne from Virgin on our balcony. It was a much needed relaxing evening after a very busy first week in Orlando

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Cant wait for cali grill!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Cant wait for cali grill!

The brunch is well worth it

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

My mouth is watering for that Cali Grill brunch - can’t wait for the deviled eggs! Your pics are great, thank you. ☺️
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

That brunch looks amazing. Don’t think I could have walked after 😂
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
My mouth is watering for that Cali Grill brunch - can’t wait for the deviled eggs! Your pics are great, thank you. ☺️
The deviled eggs are worth the wait! It is probably the best use of credits on the dining plan

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
That brunch looks amazing. Don’t think I could have walked after 😂
There was a lot of food, we didnt finish the entrees but still super full

2025- Seville

Old 2 Jun 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A nice relaxing day the brunch looked good and well done with the bargains

Joan
Old 2 Jun 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A nice relaxing day the brunch looked good and well done with the bargains

Joan
Thank you, we could have bought so much more at the outlets haha the brunch was gorgeous, a must do on future trips

2025- Seville

Old 4 Jun 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Think Cali Grill brunch may be on the list for January

I can't believe it's a week in already - I feel like you have done so much (and of course drunk many cocktails)
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Think Cali Grill brunch may be on the list for January

I can't believe it's a week in already - I feel like you have done so much (and of course drunk many cocktails)
the brunch is a must do- great value with all the amazing food and drink you get it looks like we had a lot of cocktails now I am putting this report together

2025- Seville