Old 23 Apr 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Peppa Pig World - any good?

Can anyone who has been let me know their thoughts on Peppa Pig World / Poulton Park as a whole?

I've personally not been particularly interested before but friends of ours have asked us to go with them and as we have a 3 year old who like all others, is a big Peppa fan I thought it was worth considering.

Are there any decent hotels nearby that don't cost the earth?
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Was there 9 years ago for daughters 2nd birthday, we had a good time was only in the peppa pig part.
Don5 know about hotels as we stayed near Swindon.

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Yes it's nice. Very pretty, very pink. That's my abiding memory, pinkness.

We stayed in the New Forest, it wasn't far away.

Edited at 11:51 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

We went quite a few times when the kids were smaller. It’s a really lovely park but the queues for the rides in the Peppa Pig section can get really long, so try and get there early. Kids loved it though. We stayed at the Premier Inn which is about a mile down the road from Paultons Park. It was a great location.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 02:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

We stayed in a nearby travelodge, whivh was ok as we inly slept there. We booked 2 nights at TL as we wanted whole day there. Yes it is complete pinkness! Kids love it, we also ventured into other parts of park too which were ok too. Quite a good day out for little ones, although queues do get crazy on weekends and peak times, but that may have changed due to covid. Beware though- lots of gift shops!

Edited at 03:01 AM.
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

We went twice when my girls were young. They are 14 and 18 now so it has been awhile! It was only a day trip for us but we really enjoyed it. I thought it was far better for very young children than Chessington and Thorpe Park. I liked the fact that they charged a reasonable price every day instead of having to mess around collecting 2 for 1 vouchers like Merlin Parks. Those really annoyed me as it was usually 3 of us. I also liked that they charged for children based on height not age. Much fairer for tiny ones like my youngest who was much older than most before she go on bigger rides. She also loved the fact that the tiny ride on cars etc (like the ones outside supermarkets) were included instead of extra like everywhere else. I liked not having to say no constantly

It may have changed now but it really did feel different from the other UK parks I have been to.
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

We went last summer with our 2.5 year old and 10.5 year old.

We loved the whole park. Peppa Pig World was great, very well themed and DD loved it.

The rest of the park was also really good, spacious, clean and they had some really good rides. We were there in the middle of August and the queues weren’t even too bad (busiest in Peppa Pig). There are also a few playgrounds and splash pads, great in good weather.

We stayed at The Lodge at Solent in Whiteley which we liked and was good value for money.

Edited at 08:02 AM.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

I’d like to think their bacon sandwiches are as fresh as money can buy, so food should be good
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

My daughter has a season ticket for her family, they have a 3 year old and a 5 year old and they really love it.

Advanced booking needed
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went last year and had a fab time. I found the park scrupulously clean including the toilets. It had a lovely atmosphere.
Despite all the talk of socially distancing it was impossible particularly in the Peppa Pig land where queues were long and sometimes you were funnelled into very narrow lines with walls either side and little ones running off up and down the lines being chased by frazzled looking parents lol!
So if that bothers you might want to consider that.
They did have some sort of virtual queue system on their app but had discontinued it for a while which was a shame.
For an additional fee they were allowing early access which meant families got more done in Peppa Land during that time. Otherwise the average wait was around 45mins per ride.
There is a water play area with splashing fountains so take swimming stuff for the kiddies if that’s their thing and the weather is good.
Food was fine and seemed reasonably priced but you can also take picnics.
There are some larger rides for the bigger kids which our mad brain little four year old girl loved but for her age she is fearless. There are a few rides that she wasn’t tall enough for.
There are pretty gardens with aviaries to walk around and are quieter if you fancy a bit of downtime!
The staff are friendly smiley and helpful. A step up from other uk theme parks we felt.