Notices

Old 1 Jul 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile Drayton Manor w 2/3 year old - plan of action

Hi everyone

After a fab day at Alton towers yesterday with my two (& hubby) we’ve now also booked Drayton Manor for next week too.

Could I also have your top tips of what to do first etc etc

Thank you!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve done Drayton manor with our two lots of times, with little ones that age head straight to Thomas land. They should both be able to go on most rides there, although queues do get quite long. You can then get the Thomas train across to the other side of the park, where you’ll find a little Thomas exhibition and a couple of rides. There’s a fab park and lots of picnic benches round there so perfect for a lunch stop. There’s a little Dinosaur walk round and then you can walk back through the zoo to the main park. There’s a carousel and a train that goes round the park which you can do at their age. It was our favourite park when ours were that small, it’s not to big so very easy on little legs.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
If they like Thomas then yes straight to Thomas Land. We went for DS 1st and 2nd birthday and also paid for a ‘VIP’ room at the park.

It’s nothing special (not that dear either) but it is a room above the food place in Thomas Land with seats / bean bags / fridge / TV / balcony etc.

Somewhere were you tuck yourself away from the crowds and eat… take your own and put in the fridge or order from downstairs and have it delivered up.

On both occasions we also had a private meet and greet with the fat controller.
Old 4 Jul 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

We went the other week. Go straight for Thomas Land if with little ones. There was a big queue for the land by about 11am. They limit the numbers into the area currently. Once in there it's not too bad numbers wise.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

We live about 30 mins away and since our eldests is 14 it has been a popular destination for us over the years!

We last went at Easter with our smallest two. We decide to “divide and conquer” initially - DD9 wanted some of the thrill rides whereas DD7 still
wanted Thomas Land.

I’d suggest getting in the queue for Troublesome
Trucks or the Helicopters first thing (Helicopters always feels like such a slow loader to me!).

Be warned, when we went at Easter, despite getting there some 30 mins before opening, the queue to get in snaked around and around and around. Took us a good 20 mins to get through the (only two! ) staff members scanning tickets at the barriers. In saying that, we still had a good five mins waiting in the queue for the first ride to open.

If you can, get there early and eat breakfast in the queue.

And for what it is worth, I really don’t rate the food at Drayton Mannor. I think it’s expensive and a bit too greasy for me.

We take a cool bag and nip back to the car to eat. Providing you are in the first few rows, you will only be 5 mins from the main park entrance (which is right next to Thomas Land). So better in my view to get away with little ones for 30 mins than queue for probably that amount of time to buy over priced food and fight for a seat.

Put a couple of camping chairs in and sit quietly by your car for a little while instead!

Have a lovely time.

Ps Thomas Land shop isn’t cheap!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the tips everyone!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I been with my son who’s 1 (2 on the 19th July ) 3 times since they reopened and we going tomorrow and take my nearly 9 year old.
I help and run Drayton Talk forum and always take pictures of the current work on adventure Cove which should be opening for the start of the school holidays.
Thomas land usually gets quieter after 3pm as families have left. Winston if the queue full outside wait to later in the day. Many queues are usually 2 or 3 cycles max each. In the main park as long as he can sit unaided can also go on Sheriff showdown, Flying Dutchman, Carousel, train. Shame you wasn’t going after the 19th July as he would have enjoyed to watch the new Thomas 4D movie.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List