Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 29 Oct 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Access card

Hi, I have got an access card for DD, meant to be a recognised card for disability support/companion carer at venues etc. Haven’t used it so far but I was told (quite rudely!) that the park we were at only accept these cards not DLA or doctors letters. I can see that if it works it will be a bonus not having to explain every time we go somewhere as it has the symbols of what support is required. Costs £15 for three years. I have already used it to get a companion carer free to Disney on Ice, as well as getting seats nearer the front than available online.
Old 30 Oct 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
zingy
VIP Dibber

zingy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Bootrip,
How did you obtain this access card?It would be great for my disabled daughter.
zingy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
accesscard.uk/

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
zingy
VIP Dibber

zingy's Reviews
Rozzyb2011,
Thank you.zingy
zingy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Sorry it’s taken a while to get back, yes that is the one. It was very quick, about 2 days- they processed it immediately. I uploaded DLA letter and 2 x letters from consultant and also a link from a website about how her condition affects her. X
Old 31 Oct 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve only ever used the access card to get the Merlin RAP so far but it was worth it for that.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I’m hoping I won’t need to explain every time I go somewhere. As DD is getting older it is difficult to do this.
I think its good as there are different types of assistance it can be offered so can tailor it to each person. I just have queue asssist and companion on mine, but there are some for mobility/visual/needing toilet urgently symbols. If it becomes accepted at venues it will be a great help.
Old 19 Feb 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumofthetwins
slightly serious Dibber

i used the access card at a few places on our london trip, TOL, Thorpe park and others.
i think theres a list of places online and im sure cinemas and stuff are included
Mumofthetwins is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 22, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

If you are thinking about at Disney then you will need to get a Disability Access Pass instead. This can be done in advance by using the online chat function no more than 30 days before travelling. They do not recognise the card as it is a UK card. They will ask you why queuing is not appropriate and need to take a photo of your daughter for the pass but once you have it it will be linked to your ticket and you wont need to explain all the time.
Old 22 Feb 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Yes this is a U.K. only card, but some places now ask for this rather than DLA/PIP letter as it states what help is required.