Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jan 22, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

French Polynesia

Anyone been?

Any thoughts? How many / which islands would you do with 14-21 days?

Most routes from here look to go via LAX.

This would be post pandemic.
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oooh I’m following as I’m planning a similar trip,
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Oooh I’m following as I’m planning a similar trip,
Let’s hope there is something to follow 😂

Feel free to travel first so I can copy your good ideas
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Watched Martin Clunes show, it sure looks a beautiful area
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Watched Martin Clunes show, it sure looks a beautiful area
That is what has inspired me!

We have been to some of the Hawaiian islands which were the most amazing places I had ever been, so Martin Clunes show made me think of going here

I was on Skyscanner searching flight prices in the ad break 😆
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

We are looking at a cruise with Princess that visits Hawaii and Pacific Islands if that would be of interest to you ?
Old 15 Jan 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We spent part of our honeymoon in French Polynesia as part of a round the world ticket.

We flew into Tahiti and then on to a small island called Le Taha'a - the vanilla island

Popular islands are moorea and also Bora Bora of course.

It was absolutely stunning. The sea was was so incredibly turquoise it actually seemed unreal - for Star Trek fans, it felt like being in a hollosuite!

To note though it's lagoon based so not beachy, if that's what you're looking for.

For beaches, I'd recommend the Seychelles, Hawaii, Naples fl etc.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
We are looking at a cruise with Princess that visits Hawaii and Pacific Islands if that would be of interest to you ?
Thank you! For Hawaii not at all (though we do like cruising) as we loved being immersed in the island life rather than getting on and off. We have difficulties too with DH’s super inflexible annual leave and I think lining dates up could be problematic.

Great suggestion though thank you!

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
We spent part of our honeymoon in French Polynesia as part of a round the world ticket.

We flew into Tahiti and then on to a small island called Le Taha'a - the vanilla island

Popular islands are moorea and also Bora Bora of course.

It was absolutely stunning. The sea was was so incredibly turquoise it actually seemed unreal - for Star Trek fans, it felt like being in a hollosuite!

To note though it's lagoon based so not beachy, if that's what you're looking for.

For beaches, I'd recommend the Seychelles, Hawaii, Naples fl etc.
That sounds fabulous! What an amazing honeymoon! We spent ours in Birmingham 😂

Not too worried about the lack of beach but thank you for mentioning it as I hadn’t realised. Which was your favourite Polynesian island?

I think I remember you mentioning visiting Kauai (Hawaii, I know I’ve jumped islands) - how would it compare?
Old 15 Jan 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
We had a cruise booked on the Crown Princess for March 23 out of LA to Hawaii and Pacific Islands. We cancelled this week as Bora Bora has been pulled from the itinerary owing to new rules restricting the size of cruise ships that can visit. Bora Bora was the highlight of the trip for us, so now following this thread for ideas.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 22, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Thank you! For Hawaii not at all (though we do like cruising) as we loved being immersed in the island life rather than getting on and off. We have difficulties too with DH’s super inflexible annual leave and I think lining dates up could be problematic.

Great suggestion though thank you!

That sounds fabulous! What an amazing honeymoon! We spent ours in Birmingham 😂

Not too worried about the lack of beach but thank you for mentioning it as I hadn’t realised. Which was your favourite Polynesian island?

I think I remember you mentioning visiting Kauai (Hawaii, I know I’ve jumped islands) - how would it compare?
We visited only our tiny islet and the one next door called Raiatea.

We spent most of our time relaxing but also a day trip horse riding on raiatea and a tour of the vanilla areas. Plus a bit of time in Papeete itself on Tahiti exploring the markets.

Our overwater bungalow overlooked Bora Bora island, which I would suggest is the most popular island to visit due to publicity and the shape of the island I guess!

Kauai was also lovely and actually id probably go back there - or Maui - if revisiting somewhere tropical right now. It's just so green and lush and tropical. Lots of things to do - beaches, hiking, boat trip along the Napali coastline, which is beautiful, drive up to the top of the canyons to look out over the pacific westwards towards ni'hau island. that view from the almost top was probably one of the most memorable I've seen - breathtakingly beautiful.

We also Took a day trip to Big Island to visit the volcano national park - absolutely worth the four flights!

The Seychelles too is extremely beautiful - we stayed on praslin Island which was gorgeous - mix of stunning beaches, inland rainforest and little shops and things. And lots of other excursions including to the other island. but if you u don't like spiders, you should be aware that they do have the palm spider which whilst very thin, is massive! The resorts keep them out but if you drove around, they are up there in eg the telegraph poles!

And one place I've not been is Far East Malaysia / Thailand, which looks gorgeous too!

So much to choose from and so much travel to catch up on xx
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List