Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Jan 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Tenerife family accommodation recommendations

Hello

We've decided to cancel our US trip and go to Tenerife instead. The costs post-Covid and the Disney reviews are putting us off the states right now.

We were planning on doing 4 nights HRH Orlando club level so we'd like to do the last 4 nights HRH Tenerife all-inclusive instead.

Has anyone stayed and can you recommend rooms for a family of 5? Me and DH will be in one room and our teens (18, 16 and 16) will be in the other.

For the first 10 nights we'd like to be in an apart-hotel complex near the beach, with a pool and preferably where there's no sunbed bun-fights. Parque Santiago III looks nice if anyone has stayed? Clean, modern, basic is fine and we want to be in the resort to keep the teens amused. Thanks!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

I've booked Parque Santiago III only to find it doesn't have air-con.

So is this do-able in August or will we regret it? Any apart-hotels in Tenerife with big pool areas and air-con? Thank you
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We do like Tenerife but we prefer villas really. We have managed ok without air con in the summer but to be honest probably would have preferred to have it.

I would also be careful about booking HRH. I read a thread on here the other day about a lot of the all inclusive activities and restaurants being closed.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1212528

Edited at 08:01 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Thank you! We like villas in Florida but we like a bit of atmosphere in Europe. I'll have a look elsewhere and see what we can do.

Thanks re: HRH. I did see the thread but hoping it's just an Omicron reaction and that it'll settle by August.

I've looked in the HRH Tenerife app and only the coffee shop and one a la carte restaurant are currently closed. Possibly the Beach Club too but that's not included in AI.

As long as there's a pool and I'm fed and watered, I'm happy
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
rhyger
Excited about Disney

Gran Hotel Costa Adeje has suites with 2 large adjoining rooms, was all inclusive when we went, lovely place, bus stop outside to siam Park.
rhyger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Lubay Los Gigantes Hotel has suites and is a massive AI hotel with multiple pools & indoor spa etc

loads for teens , football pitches, tennis, high ropes etc

its a steep walk down to the beach..

doubles up as holiday village in peak season

EDIT just looked its now a Landmar Hotel & re read your post ref ages of teens... maybe not as suitable is a family hotel very much geared to younger than 16 kids

Edited at 12:12 PM.
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We cancelled HRH Tenerife last august at the last minute due to changes to the all inclusive offering.

Make sure you check what you’ll be getting, for us they’d changed so that only one restaurant was included and almost all drinks were an extra cost.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We normally stay here:

diamondresortseurope...hoC2ooQAvD_BwE

We are actually just back after spending new year in Tenerife, we couldn't get into Sunset Harbour and booked a package with TUI staying in The Columbus, I absolutely would definitely not recommend there though!
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We go to Playa de las Americas often so happy to answer any questions about hotels in that area, only issue is we usually stay adults only! I’d take a look at the Mare Nostrum Resort - Mediterranean Palace. It’s family friendly, pretty much on the beach and in a really good area with lots of restaurants including a Hard Rock Cafe. There’s also some nice shops around there eg a Zara, and it’s close to Siam Mall and Siam Park.

Edit: just noticed your children’s ages so might qualify as adults. In that case there’s more options e.g. Coral California (but not a particularly large pool), Coral Suites & Spa (nice, again not a big pool but much better than the previous one), Cleopatra Palace (really nice), Tigotan (but think this might be 18+). Let me know if you need any help with location etc.

Edited at 10:09 PM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The Luabay mentioned above we have stayed 5 or 6 times. It’s now called BeLive Costa Los Gigantes (note it’s changed its name again now to Landmar- we will always call it Luabay). Kids love it there, ours are now 17 and 14 (nearly 18 and 15) and still would like to go back they say although younger teens and children are definitely well catered for.
If you are prepared to pay the price, and want more sophistication the Iberostar Anthelia is one of the best all inclusive in Europe with outstanding food where I would go (and was lucky enough to stay at in 2020) but it costs twice what BeLive. Absolutely loved that hotel.
If you go to Lanzarote, you’d very much enjoy the Iberostar Lanzarote Park.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List