Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Jan 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Avis $250 payment hold?

Booked with ba and when arrived we went to the preffered office at the car park but we was a day late so he had to run through the system to get my booking back up, he swiped my credit card and it took $250 out but says pending which I presume is right until we return the car, I’m sure in the past they only ever took a dollar or even $100 at the most?
Is that right and will it be put back in as soon as we hand the car back as the ticket he gave us said estimated charges around $270, we didn’t sign up for any extras and there’s nothing on it to say so either.
Worried about the mileage too as the ticket says the cars done 29k and the mileage of the cars actually closer to 60k!
I’ve took a dated picture of the mileage anyway in case they try to say excess mileage etc if that’s a thing!
Its more the estimated charges I’m concerned about though as it’s all paid for with ba!
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn
Trying for More Ears

Can only help with Avis $250 CC charge ours disappeared within a few days of being home

Lynne
lyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lyn View Post
Can only help with Avis $250 CC charge ours disappeared within a few days of being home
perfect thanks Lyn
glenandem is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

The hold will drop off, ours did while we were still out there. But your estimated charges should have said zero 🤔

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracydcp View Post
The hold will drop off, ours did while we were still out there. But your estimated charges should have said zero 🤔
oh dear that's not good, I might try emailing Avis then with a pic of the receipt.
Old 17 Jan 22, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
oh dear that's not good, I might try emailing Avis then with a pic of the receipt.
Did they not give you a copy of what you signed? It should itemise it in there what the estimated charges are.

Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I checked my CC a few days after I returned from Orlando a few weeks ago and didn't have any charges or pending payments. I guess any hold must have dropped off by then.

My Avis receipt when I collected the car did have estimated charges on but looking a few rows down the payment card/type referred to BA and corporate charge so I didn't worry about it. I think that refers to what they're charging BA for the car hire.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Here’s a pic of my slip, it does say ba on left side but I never signed for anything, he just printed out the slip and scanned my card!
Old 17 Jan 22, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by glenandem View Post
Here’s a pic of my slip, it does say ba on left side but I never signed for anything, he just printed out the slip and scanned my card!
Can’t zoom in without it blurring but last poster might be right if you’ve booked with BA. Hopefully Avis will clarify for you 😊

Old 17 Jan 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

It happened with us at Christmas with car hire and also Sapphire Falls did it, and bellasera but they seem to vanish after a couple of days