Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Jan 22, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Where to find Virgin shared coaches at MCO

I like to know where to find things before travelling - it helps ease my anxiety, especially as I am going on my own

Does anyone know where exactly I will find the shared Virgin coaches from MCO to Disney? I've got transfers included with my package.
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stacy87 View Post
I like to know where to find things before travelling - it helps ease my anxiety, especially as I am going on my own

Does anyone know where exactly I will find the shared Virgin coaches from MCO to Disney? I've got transfers included with my package.
I would also like to know to Universal hotels.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Giving this a bump incase anyone has any info 😊
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
When we went in 2019 we were directed to the ground floor where the 2nd luggage pick up is, facing the car hire desks (the floor where you would pick up the Disney bus).
To help direct you to any of the transport options on this floor there were Virgin reps.
Our Virgin transport was a mini van and the driver came in with a board with our name on. Your transport voucher will have your pick up area and a contact telephone number on it. I am a bit a bit of a stress head when travelling but I felt transfers were very well organised and the reps were close at hand if needed.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mazascouser View Post
When we went in 2019 we were directed to the ground floor where the 2nd luggage pick up is, facing the car hire desks (the floor where you would pick up the Disney bus).
To help direct you to any of the transport options on this floor there were Virgin reps.
Our Virgin transport was a mini van and the driver came in with a board with our name on. Your transport voucher will have your pick up area and a contact telephone number on it. I am a bit a bit of a stress head when travelling but I felt transfers were very well organised and the reps were close at hand if needed.
That’s really reassuring to know! I get anxious easily when somewhere new and no idea where things are. If there’s plenty of Virgin reps around to ask then I’ll be happy 😊
Old 11 Feb 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Just wanted to post an update to this for anyone who would benefit from it! I got an email from Virgin Holidays lastnight clarifying where to locate their shared coaches. This is what they’ve said:

Once you have collected your luggage you will exit the customs hall & board the Tram to the Main Terminal.
Exit tram & when you arrive in the terminal Atrium (By the Hyatt Hotel) walk to your RIGHT & proceed to A Side , Level 1Baggage claim 8A (even if you have your luggage) and check in with your Virgin Holidays Rep for your Airport - Hotel transfer.
Please note: Our Reps will be on duty during the flight arrival times for Virgin Atlantic for flights arriving from the UK.
Old 12 Feb 22, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

We just got back, we followed the instructions and found the virgin rep who directed us to a virgin guy and a little stand outside, he ticked our names off, told us to wait and before long we were on a shared (but small) coach, we were the only ones off at Art of Animation. I checked on the way back and were told to wait outside hotel where we were dropped off for pick up. Had an issue with the coach, despite being there 25 mins early, nothing obvious turned up and the two mears coaches that stopped had no record of us. Luckily the second one agreed to take us but it was stressful and i've fed that back to Virgin today to see if they can make the coaches more obvious as they said Mears but nothing to say who it was running for e.g Virgin, Tui etc
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
We just got back, we followed the instructions and found the virgin rep who directed us to a virgin guy and a little stand outside, he ticked our names off, told us to wait and before long we were on a shared (but small) coach, we were the only ones off at Art of Animation. I checked on the way back and were told to wait outside hotel where we were dropped off for pick up. Had an issue with the coach, despite being there 25 mins early, nothing obvious turned up and the two mears coaches that stopped had no record of us. Luckily the second one agreed to take us but it was stressful and i've fed that back to Virgin today to see if they can make the coaches more obvious as they said Mears but nothing to say who it was running for e.g Virgin, Tui etc
Oh god, that would stress me out if that happened too! Did you get your return pickup information when you checked in for your coach when you arrived, or did you have to chase them up for that info
Old 14 Feb 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by stacy87 View Post
Oh god, that would stress me out if that happened too! Did you get your return pickup information when you checked in for your coach when you arrived, or did you have to chase them up for that info
The virgin rep at the airport (inside the terminal before we went out to the coach person) gave me an envelope with info, vouchers etc and an a5 card with pick up times on it highlighted for our hotel and letting us know it was earlier than printed on there. They'd written the time in as the flights got moved but we already knew the earlier time so that bit was all fine. Didn't need to chase virgin for anything we just asked where pick up was at hotel for clarity and then where the heck was our coach. Not had a response after I flagged it with them when we got home!
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List