Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jan 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pygmie
Getting to know the DIBB

You do realise that not every Irish person is a member of the travelling community and that there are many many more people with the name 'Anderson' that are not travellers than are?
pygmie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairysparkled
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I agree Travellers get a really rough and unfair ride, there are a small minority of them that act in a completely anti social way and they all get tarred with the same brush.

I deal with travellers and one has become one of my best friends he says that the ones that park up where there like and leave loads of rubbish have a far more negative affect on him than they do us.

I also deal with estate agents and I can tell you which ones are easier to deal with !
All I can say is you must live a sheltered life.

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Fairysparkled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pygmie View Post
You do realise that not every Irish person is a member of the travelling community and that there are many many more people with the name 'Anderson' that are not travellers than are?
Absolutely.

But this one's a wrong 'un.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I guessed she was from the travelling community.

Why?

A total disregard for the rules/law - this isn't a single person sneaking it, it's a whole family under her direction that is doing so. There are some local pubs/restaurants where I live that are effectively off limits for me as they are ruined by this group terrorising them, too much effort to remove them and prevent future bad behaviour. It's actually against the law to exclude them.

When confronted by law enforcement then proceeds to lie and say she wasn't even there. CCTV proves she was.

Saying the kids were on their own knowing that Universal would be very unlikely to prosecute them - it's similar to why County Lines criminals use children to distrubute their drugs.

When paying bail she gave her address as 'unknown' and a payor address that was a non existent street with a non valid postcode.

-------------

Biased on my part? Absolutely. Was I right? 99% I am.

Anderson BTW is a traveller family name, go look up Dale Farm.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the postcode/address she gave was in that area. The street name given, Bengen, is a traveller word for Devil. Not a common word.
Can I ask why it’s against the law to exclude them from the pubs you feel are off limits to yourself.
Tracy x
Old 19 Jan 22, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fairysparkled View Post
All I can say is you must live a sheltered life.
what is the opposite of sheltered that is what I have lived !

I think many people are scared by reputation deserved or otherwise. My work has had me involved with lots of travellers sure there are some bad ones but so many of them are just fantastic people.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Can I ask why it’s against the law to exclude them from the pubs you feel are off limits to yourself.
Tracy x
It's discriminatory to exclude the group.

We don't go to those pubs/restaurants anymore as it's just not safe when trouble can kick off at any point.

I feel for those that have to work in those places (my son worked in one for a while, he left due to the amount of violence and abuse in the place)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
It was very easy to find her and she is indeed from the travelling community.
I thought Anderson was actually quite a common traveller name.
I stand corrected. When Googled Irish roots aren't mentioned for Anderson.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Fairysparkled View Post
(

Spoilsport.
Hardly … instead of people insinuating it why not just come out and say it ..

I also didn’t realise it was a game of guess the race..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List