Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 22, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh Sue I hope you’re not suffering too much & not too cold 🥶🤞in the Sunshine State 😎
I was going to say go shopping instead but seeing how cold they have their air con maybe not a good idea

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Just looked at your villa in your profile, it's GORGEOUS. We are planning a holiday with extended family (9 of us) in a few years time, how far in advance do you tend to get booked up?
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Just looked at your villa in your profile, it's GORGEOUS. We are planning a holiday with extended family (9 of us) in a few years time, how far in advance do you tend to get booked up?
Thank you. We are really booked up for this year but that's a lot down to moving people's bookings for the last two years. We do advertise on other sites too. Next year is looking very quiet at the moment, unusually so, too many people wary I think. Our availability calenders is always up to date on the website, as even we are away we have a team of willing conscripts (aka the kids). Not sure if advert links to website but here it is anyway. BrightwaterVilla.co.UK.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Oh Sue I hope you’re not suffering too much & not too cold 🥶🤞in the Sunshine State 😎
I was going to say go shopping instead but seeing how cold they have their air con maybe not a good idea
I want to shop Claire, I've done loads online tho so I'm waiting in. Plus I'd hate for the painter to have a question and me not be here to answer it!

Ooh had the hot donuts and dips from Smokey Bones the other night, really lovely. Brought them back and ate them on the deck listening to the fireworks. That and the distant train horn makes me feel I'm really home.

Edited at 04:32 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We were freezing in our villa in feb 2020. We didn’t know how to put the heating on, I went to bed in leggings and a hoody and hardly slept because it was so cold.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Thank you. We are really booked up for this year but that's a lot down to moving people's bookings for the last two years. We do advertise on other sites too. Next year is looking very quiet at the moment, unusually so, too many people wary I think. Our availability calenders is always up to date on the website, as even we are away we have a team of willing conscripts (aka the kids). Not sure if advert links to website but here it is anyway. BrightwaterVilla.co.UK.
I’ve just shown the family it and they’ve all fallen in love! We just need to decide if we are aiming for 2024 or 2025!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
I’ve just shown the family it and they’ve all fallen in love! We just need to decide if we are aiming for 2024 or 2025!
AHH thank you.
Old 18 Jan 22, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Sue, had some shocking damage in Lee and Collier due to 5 tornado's that destroyed numerous homes, especially modular builds, from Sunday's vicious storm. NBC2 were saying many modular homes weren't insured, doesn't surprise me based on current building insurance prices in SW Fl. NBC2 said, in general, modular homes are like cars and tend to decrease in value. Seems many home owners didn't get that memo as modular prices on the island have risen sharply, add in that many snowbirds looking to buy outright are wearing rose tinted sunglasses that don't let hurricane or tropical storm ray's filter thro and it's a sellers market. THIS video shows only a small amount of damage done.

Our neighbour, Laura, has her lovely 3/2, 1859 sq ft modular home on the market for $229k, should another 2004 Hurricane Charlie come a-calling, it'll be ripped away, for the 2nd time, from the metal strapping and likely dumped in Pine Island Sound! There's about 55 modular homes on this site, only one, whilst badly damaged, was left after Charlie was done, because the owner had set his in concrete. All Fl residents on this site had their modular homes replaced by the US Gov.

Chap from Maine contracted to buy Laura's 3/2, mortgage company said flood insurance would be $4k a year plus modular building insurance a further $6k, understandably he pulled out, and as the agent has a duty to disclose, all showing an interest back off once they hear $10k.
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Did you think you were going to blow away Chris? Must be scary in a modular home in that weather or is the one you stay at set in concrete? I still remember how I felt being here for Irma, especially after some kind dibber posted exactly how a house collapses once the roof has gone.
Old 18 Jan 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Lovely sunny day here in Cheshire and nice and warm (with my hearing on).
It was a lovely sun rise today
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List