Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jan 22, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’ve had to tell people on Facebook in the same situation to do it as they thought their only option was to get new passports and name change at a cost tickets to match the app. All were with agents who never pointed out the sensible option <sigh>
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Yes she has that. She's only been married six years 🤣
Aww T, give the lass a chance...
Old 19 Jan 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

We always tell clients all names must match. Some people get through with different names and marriage certificates, others won’t. Not worth the risk. Ask the GP to match the name on passport.

Booking name, passport, covid pass all need to match.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I’d only changed mine with them two years ago but they still wanted sight of the documents (actually emailed photographs of the docs) as (reassuringly and in line with DPA) they don’t retain copies.
I was changing from my married name, temporarily back to my birth name. This was the name my NHS number was set up with, and was registered with this surgery at initially.
I do expect to have to show the certs again if I want to revert back to my married name though.
I’ve been married 3 years and have been very wishy washy about changing my name. I started off positively, but still use my maiden name professionally and just prefer it really, so I haven’t decided in 2025 which name to renew my passport in 😂
Old 19 Jan 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks. I've told her to apply online for a new passport. Her operation is Monday she can't travel for 4/5 weeks so she might as well get it sorted now.

Anyone else wonder he w their kids have very good jobs 😂😂😂😂
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Thanks. I've told her to apply online for a new passport. Her operation is Monday she can't travel for 4/5 weeks so she might as well get it sorted now.

Anyone else wonder he w their kids have very good jobs 😂😂😂😂
How long is left on her current passport? It really is very simple to get the names changed if plenty of time left.
Old 19 Jan 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I was changing from my married name, temporarily back to my birth name. This was the name my NHS number was set up with, and was registered with this surgery at initially.
I do expect to have to show the certs again if I want to revert back to my married name though.
I’ve been married 3 years and have been very wishy washy about changing my name. I started off positively, but still use my maiden name professionally and just prefer it really, so I haven’t decided in 2025 which name to renew my passport in 😂
I’m the exact same, prefer my previous name plus work don’t cope well with name changes so I stick with the old name for professional/money stuff and personal I use the new name.
I doubt I’ll mess about changing the NHS stuff back again either . I have air tickets booked preCovid (and rebooked several times ) as well as a passport with seven years left on it anyway.
Considering all the charges my doctor makes usually for anything admin I was pleasantly surprised this was free.
I’m blowedif I’m shelling out for a new passport needlessly.

Edited at 01:05 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Obviously the easiest and most straightforward way is just ring the GP. A phonecall should be all that's required to revert back to a maiden name as it's not a legal requirement to change your name.
Lots of people use 2 names for professional/personal reasons. No logic in paying to renew your passport and paying to change holiday details when that's not needed.
Enchanted is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Very Serious Dibber

I called BA as my GP surgery were a bit reluctant to change my name for some reason although offered to write a letter for £18.
Anyway, BA said just take marriage certificate - so hopefully all fine.

edit to say GP reception just rang me and said they won't change my name as it could cause problems sending letters. I said that doesn't make sense as people change their name all the time !

Edited at 04:29 PM.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
I called BA as my GP surgery were a bit reluctant to change my name for some reason although offered to write a letter for £18.
Anyway, BA said just take marriage certificate - so hopefully all fine.

edit to say GP reception just rang me and said they won't change my name as it could cause problems sending letters. I said that doesn't make sense as people change their name all the time !
We had a girls trip to Spain in sept,my friends doctors refused to change her name back to her maiden name and they mentioned fraud.
To be fair she probably never pushed it with them but she ended up going to Liverpool for a test as it was at the time you could enter Spain with a negative result.
Would have been so much easier if the doctors would have just changed her name.
Tracy x