Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jan 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just wanted to say am sorry, I have two boys who both got bullied at school and the thought of this happening makes me feel ill. I really hope that you can get it sorted, and that your son is ok.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

“My son never gets in trouble but it seems he has caused all of this by getting involved in something that was really none of his business to get involved with.”

I thankfully don’t have any experience of anything like this, but hope the school and the police take it very seriously. It was a premeditated assault on your son. The families sound exactly how I would’ve expected them to!

But in response to your statement above, please don’t be too hard on your son. He stuck up for someone being bullied. I know if my daughter was ever bullied, I would hope that someone would be brave enough to stand up for her too. It’s easy to be a bystander. I know it has caused both he and your family a lot of stress. But what he did was a very noble thing and you should be extremely proud of the son you have raised.

I hope things get sorted quickly so you can all move on from this x
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Good for him giving a few digs back. If he backed down it would of ended worse for him in a social standing within the school for being cowardly. Just get the school to do some mediation in a controlled environment. Hopefully if the school explains to the other kids parents what the score actually was it might change things, as I imagine the sprog has given a very warped version of events.

Edited at 12:34 PM.
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishtogoback
Excited about Disney

I see this very differently that you have outlined…you son was assaulted in a premeditated and coordinated act of violence during which he defended himself. You have subsequently been threatened and sent abusive messages by the parents of the perpetrators. This is most definitely a police matter and way above the school to resolve in a meaningful way. The school do need to be involved to ensure his safety in school but they are very limited in what they can do as redress.
Wishtogoback is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your continued support.

To update, I have received no further messages from the parents as I blocked them.

I did wake up this morning to a message from the boy who attacked my son saying that my son was lying, that he and his friends are really angry we got the school involved and said that my son needs to “watch out” l.

Screenshot the messages, didn’t respond and blocked the boy.

Messages sent to the school.

Dropped them all off to school this morning slightly later as advised by the school.

Went to pick them up early and was met by the head of Year to say there were several boys hanging around outside of the school waiting for my son. He had called the parents asking them to tell their children to leave and also school staff were monitoring the area heavily making sure they moved on.

As I was leaving the reception are, the school had received a phonecall from someone saying that the boys were all waiting by the shops near the school for my son.

Got in the car, drove a different way home in case they spotted him in the car and tried to follow us.

Contacted the police again as soon as I got home and currently waiting for a police officer to attend our home to take statements etc.

Can’t believe this is all happening
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post

To update, I have received no further messages from the parents as I blocked them.

I did wake up this morning to a message from the boy who attacked my son saying that my son was lying, that he and his friends are really angry we got the school involved and said that my son needs to “watch out” l.

Dropped them all off to school this morning slightly later as advised by the school.

Went to pick them up early and was met by the head of Year to say there were several boys hanging around outside of the school waiting for my son. He had called the parents asking them to tell their children to leave and also school staff were monitoring the area heavily making sure they moved on.

As I was leaving the reception are, the school had received a phonecall from someone saying that the boys were all waiting by the shops near the school for my son.

Got in the car, drove a different way home in case they spotted him in the car and tried to follow us.

Contacted the police again as soon as I got home and currently waiting for a police officer to attend our home to take statements etc.

That is outrageous and it’s definitely got out of hand. These boy’s parents need speaking too by school and the police as well as the boys! A group of lads waiting to jump a single lad is sickening, do they think this is being tough!?! I can just imagine them hyping one another up! This is how serious incidents happen.
Are your son’s friends being targeted too? Or his girlfriend?
You must be worried sick! How is your son? This is such an important year with his GCSE’s just around the corner. Please stay safe x x x
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

OP - what a worrying time - I do hope it gets resolved soon. I will say that boys tend to move on quicker than girls, although I appreciate this doesnt help at the moment.
I can't speak for this school but this sort of thing has happened at my high school (in a deprived area) a number of times.
While the school can deal with it in school time, and on a couple of occasions students have been permanently excluded when any type of violence has been proved, I'm not sure what else a school can do. When word was received that there was something going to happen, parents were called and staff went out in force to disperse where possible - it was quite scary with parents showing up and mouthing off. Police were called and after that there was a police presence for a few days. What I mean is it really is a police matter, liaising with the school. They have the powers of arrest.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

How awful for you all
Hope the police have been able to get your statements
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post

I’m so sorry you and your family are going through this, I really hope the police are properly aware of the situation and have been to take statements.

I no longer work in a school, so these opinions are only my opinions.

I feel that as soon as one of the bullies sent you a threatening message via social media, this stopped being a school bullying incident. I don’t say that in a way to say school bullying isn’t serious, it is, however, threatening messages can themselves be a criminal offence.

Having read your post I don’t think the school are doing enough, maybe I was lucky but even in our gentle fairly affluent area we had PCSO’s that worked closely with the schools in our trust. Groups of people gathering to cause harm to another person is surely a police matter.

I just want to say I applaud your son, he stood up for someone that was being bullied, be proud of him, this situation will pass, but my heart goes out to all of you as you try and cope with this.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

I agree with the above, I also think the school should have called the police as soon as they where aware of the boys waiting for your son. This must be awful for your family.