Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Any gas fitters on here that know about regulations?

We are moving house **yawn*** I know I've told you already!

When we had the kitchen refitted 10 years ago in 2009 we thought we had got all the certificates - FENSA for the new doors, Electric compliance for the new circuits etc, guarantees for worktops and built in appliances. However now the solicitor is asking for one for the boiler that was moved and replaced and I have nothing for this apart from the invoice/receipt for the boiler and fitting.

We have googled it and all we can find is regs for 2010. We have had it serviced every year and have all the paperwork confirming this.

My question is did we need a certificate in 2009 or have regs changed, and if so can we get one retrospectively or will all the service records suffice?

Thanks guys x

Edited at 10:47 AM.
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

I am very sure you required a gas safe/corgi certificate for replacing/moving a boiler in 2009 (99.99% sure).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I am very sure you required a gas safe/corgi certificate for replacing/moving a boiler in 2009 (99.99% sure).
ok thanks, do you think I can get one retrospectively or will the eight years of servicing records count? Unfortunately with all the other things our buyers are squeaking about this could be a pain
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I don't believe you will be able to be issued a retrospective gas safe installation certificate for a bolier fitted in 2009, just as I couldn't issue a retrospective electrical certificate for work I haven't done 10 years ago.

I guess you have nothing to lose by furnishing the solicitor with the proof of the last 8 years of bolier servicing and hoping they will accept this. If not ask them what they require, which might be a gas safe engineer conducting a more detailed inspection on the boiler and issuing a certificate and confirming the check has been completed and the boiler is safe and meets the relevant safety requirements (this isn't a retrospective installation certificate as no one can issue that now).

I just checked and noted that gas safe came into force in the UK on the 1/4/09, but prior to that I'm sure that corgi still required certificates to be issued for new installations.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We have recently moved and didn’t have the building regs for new boiler fitted 10 years ago, the solicitor accepted copies of the regular services instead.

There should be central register that you can check to see if BR Certificate was issued
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

When we moved house we just had a gas fitter check and certify our boiler as 'gas safe' think it cost about £50.

We were part ex-ing so builders insisted on it. He also checked the cooker and gas fire.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
We have recently moved and didn’t have the building regs for new boiler fitted 10 years ago, the solicitor accepted copies of the regular services instead.

There should be central register that you can check to see if BR Certificate was issued
Thanks, did that and nothing online for the boiler although the fire one from 2011 is there.
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I don't believe you will be able to be issued a retrospective gas safe installation certificate for a bolier fitted in 2009, just as I couldn't issue a retrospective electrical certificate for work I haven't done 10 years ago.

I guess you have nothing to lose by furnishing the solicitor with the proof of the last 8 years of bolier servicing and hoping they will accept this. If not ask them what they require, which might be a gas safe engineer conducting a more detailed inspection on the boiler and issuing a certificate and confirming the check has been completed and the boiler is safe and meets the relevant safety requirements (this isn't a retrospective installation certificate as no one can issue that now).

I just checked and noted that gas safe came into force in the UK on the 1/4/09, but prior to that I'm sure that corgi still required certificates to be issued for new installations.
We had it fitted in July 2009, so possibly as it was an oldish chap he wasn't up to date. He has now retired so can't chase him. Hopefully as someone else said the solicitor/buyers will accept the service records.