Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Oct 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
I’d say your PCSO friends are wrong. I know loads of people who have been spiked, me included. None of them reported it to police. What’s the point? They usually don’t believe you unless there is absolute physical evidence of an assault. The usual “date rape” drugs only stay in your system for so long, so by the time your memory starts to come back you’re told you had drunk too much as there’s no evidence of the drugging.

People don’t report this stuff, certainly doesn’t mean it’s not happening. The police know this

Did I say they said that there was no spiking this conversation is about injection stop twisting words. And still waiting for proof
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Devon and Cornwall police say that they can find no evidence in three cases.

dailymail/news/art...t-drugged.html

Edited at 09:13 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m keeping an open mind on the injections - think too little is known to really make up my mind on this. But, I’m not sure how this has turned into this type of discussion. I’m sure most, if not all who have contributed to this thread, agree that spiking - regardless of how it is administered- is an abhorrent thing to do.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Looby123
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I’m keeping an open mind on the injections - think too little is known to really make up my mind on this. But, I’m not sure how this has turned into this type of discussion. I’m sure most, if not all who have contributed to this thread, agree that spiking - regardless of how it is administered- is an abhorrent thing to do.
Absolutely
Looby123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Absolutely, but the topic was about spiking by injecting, which so far is questionable, confirmed by Devon and Cornwall police who say there is not evidence in 3 cases.

The Op is a mum who is worried for her children, she can now educate them that drink spiking is much more of a concern and provide tools, knowledge to help avoid the situation.

Edited at 09:42 AM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Absolutely, but the topic was about spiking by injecting, which so far is questionable, confirmed by Devon and Cornwall police who say there is not evidence in 3 cases.

The Op is a mum who is worried for her children, she can now educate them that drink spiking is much more of a concern and provide tools, knowledge to help avoid the situation.
Yes, but we can’t completely discount the the injection method yet, either. Most parents would already have educated their kids re spiking - I know I have. I guess a (kind of) positive is that all of this should generate a refresher of those discussions.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Looby123 View Post
Midazolam could probably be given in a smaller volume. Again as I said previously I'm not saying this is likely, especially in the large numbers people in the media are suggesting but it is definitely possible
But midaz is usually available as 1mg/ml (the concentrated stuff is even harder to get hold of), so you'd be looking at a decent volume to give, even for conscious sedation - even 2.5mg (2.5ml) would be difficult to give im without someone noticing/moving, and sc would raise a massive lump. In addition, the responses can be very variable - especially when the subject has alcohol on board, so it wouldn't be the drug I'd pick if I were planning this.

I agree that it is theoretically possible, but the practical consideration to doing this make it very unlikely that this is a widespread phenomenon, and certainly not an epidemic, and the rest of the medical community would concur, based on comments on medical sites, and also quotes in the media from Emergency Medicine consultants and toxicologists.
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

I’m sure most, if not all who have contributed to this thread, agree that spiking - regardless of how it is administered- is an abhorrent thing to do.
Has anyone said that spiking (of any description) is ok? If so I have missed it. Those of us who disagree with the reports of an epidemic of spiking by injection are disputing the accuracy and ferquency of those occurrences, not that spiking of any sort never occurs.
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Looby123
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
But midaz is usually available as 1mg/ml (the concentrated stuff is even harder to get hold of), so you'd be looking at a decent volume to give, even for conscious sedation - even 2.5mg (2.5ml) would be difficult to give im without someone noticing/moving, and sc would raise a massive lump. In addition, the responses can be very variable - especially when the subject has alcohol on board, so it wouldn't be the drug I'd pick if I were planning this.

I agree that it is theoretically possible, but the practical consideration to doing this make it very unlikely that this is a widespread phenomenon, and certainly not an epidemic, and the rest of the medical community would concur, based on comments on medical sites, and also quotes in the media from Emergency Medicine consultants and toxicologists.
It's often 5mg/ml but not arguing about that. It's probably not even that that is used if it's happened. I'm not sure if any of the street drugs such as rohypnol or ghb can be injected?
Looby123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
Has anyone said that spiking (of any description) is ok? If so I have missed it. Those of us who disagree with the reports of an epidemic of spiking by injection are disputing the accuracy and ferquency of those occurrences, not that spiking of any sort never occurs.
Nope, didn’t say they did. In fact, I said the opposite.
Closed Thread