Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Oct 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Feeling for everyone with kids who’s going soon. Hope it all becomes clear soon.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
But you're taking this isolation thing from an unofficial attestation, it's not official as it doesnt have a CDC header, validation number or expiry date in the top right corner.

Just because it's on the CDC site for download doesn't mean that's the final copy, the thing is littered with mistakes and missing that information that makes it official.

Until that happens, it's as solid of a source as the sun newspaper
I'm not taking it from the attestation, that thing is a mess and having a background in compliance, I ignored it as soon as I saw it.

It is coming from their guidance page for non-citizens published today.

cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ir-travel.html
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I didn't ask about them releasing a statement, I asked if you had a link saying what you are saying. Yes you do, no you don't. If you do, please share. If you don't, just say you don't. If you don't, I hope official guidance will be given soon.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnjones
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Feeling for everyone with kids who’s going soon. Hope it all becomes clear soon.
Cheers, it’s yet another kick in the teeth.
Johnjones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisnKa
Earning More Ears

This is taken from the attestation technical instructions which is linked below the attestation form on the CDC website.

Under 18 years of Age

Airlines or aircraft operators must confirm that any Covered Individual claiming this exception is younger than 18 years of age by reviewing the date of birth listed on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents.

Airlines or aircraft operators must also confirm that the passenger has provided an Excepted Covered Individual Attestation.

Members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their Spouses and Children

These passengers must attest to their status on the Excepted Covered Individual Attestation, but will not be required to attest to agreeing and arranging to complete the requirements of the Excepted Covered Individual Attestation.

The worrying part of this is the fact it says at the bottom that the armed forces child would not be required to agree or attest to "agreeing and arranging to complete the requirements of the Excepted Covered Individual Attestation."

I still believe that the under 18's travelling with a vaccinated adult will not have to isolate however this part of the wording from the technical instructions is missing from the section of children under 18 which is worrying.
ChrisnKa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

On the link this is contradictory as I thought if travelling with fully vaccinated adults they do test within 3 days of travel to states.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

I haven't seen any attestation. I have taken my info from the CDCs own website that has been changed today to reflect the quarantine requirement. Maybe it isn't relevant for kids, but there is nothing official at this time to confirm either way.
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisnKa View Post
This is taken from the attestation technical instructions which is linked below the attestation form on the CDC website.

Under 18 years of Age

Airlines or aircraft operators must confirm that any Covered Individual claiming this exception is younger than 18 years of age by reviewing the date of birth listed on the passenger’s passport or other travel documents.

Airlines or aircraft operators must also confirm that the passenger has provided an Excepted Covered Individual Attestation.

Members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their Spouses and Children

These passengers must attest to their status on the Excepted Covered Individual Attestation, but will not be required to attest to agreeing and arranging to complete the requirements of the Excepted Covered Individual Attestation.

The worrying part of this is the fact it says at the bottom that the armed forces child would not be required to agree or attest to "agreeing and arranging to complete the requirements of the Excepted Covered Individual Attestation."

I still believe that the under 18's travelling with a vaccinated adult will not have to isolate however this part of the wording from the technical instructions is missing from the section of children under 18 which is worrying.
I agree. I don't think they will either, but it sure would be nice to have this stated plainly (by the CDC) rather than having to assume by nebulous press reports or piecing together bits of info from here and there.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisnKa
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post

On the link this is contradictory as I thought if travelling with fully vaccinated adults they do test within 3 days of travel to states.
Children between the ages of 2 and 17 who are not fully vaccinated may board a flight to the United States with a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test conducted on a specimen collected no more than 3 days before departure (i.e., Qualifying Test for Fully Vaccinated) if traveling accompanied by fully vaccinated parents or guardians.

If traveling unaccompanied or if one or more of the parents or guardians accompanying the child is not fully vaccinated, the child must present a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test on a specimen collected no more than 1 day before departure. While children under 2 years of age are not required to get a test, CDC recommends a pre-departure test for these children whenever possible.
ChrisnKa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisnKa View Post
Children between the ages of 2 and 17 who are not fully vaccinated may board a flight to the United States with a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test conducted on a specimen collected no more than 3 days before departure (i.e., Qualifying Test for Fully Vaccinated) if traveling accompanied by fully vaccinated parents or guardians.

If traveling unaccompanied or if one or more of the parents or guardians accompanying the child is not fully vaccinated, the child must present a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test on a specimen collected no more than 1 day before departure. While children under 2 years of age are not required to get a test, CDC recommends a pre-departure test for these children whenever possible.
It doesn’t say that though it says within 1 day. Nothing about travelling with vaccinated parents.

The whole thing is a mess.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List