Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Thanks for this. Thankfully they haven't started here yet this year. I didnt give them much thought before having a dog if I'm honest. Seeing him glued to my leg licking his lips constantly while shaking isn't nice. Will tune into that x
Old 4 Nov 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Have to say it's been a lot quieter here this year. Restricted sales has helped. We've only had 1 care home put a post on local fb group, alerting all pet owners 3 days before their display. It got both positive and negative replies, and the display was lovely to watch without the big bangs! Things are definitely changing to Public Displays.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

I have my surround sound system on a lot more during fireworks season. 10 speakers, even at low volume hides most external noise.
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Shame theyíre not doing it tonight as itís Diwali. The noises started about 40 mins ago and Cherry is terrified bless her 😖
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Uniq VIP Dibber

Bumping up incase anyone has pets that are suffering this evening (weekend)

Megaflyer

Dubai and Boston (PTown) on the cards then maybe Palm Springs (again) in March
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
iLaura
VIP Dibber

Just gonna add this on to the thread too in case access to a laptop/computer is easier for anyone, or people need sounds after the coverage has finished xx
iLaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Uniq VIP Dibber

Listeners have sent in these Live Photos of their pets listening

Megaflyer

Dubai and Boston (PTown) on the cards then maybe Palm Springs (again) in March
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Anybodyís cat affected by fireworks? Mittens is not bothered at all by them, which is odd as he hates the vacuum cleaner and the sound of tinfoil.🤔
Old 5 Nov 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Anybodyís cat affected by fireworks? Mittens is not bothered at all by them, which is odd as he hates the vacuum cleaner and the sound of tinfoil.🤔
Mine isnít really fussed either. If it goes quiet and then thereís a big bang, he will startle a little, but other than that heís fine. I think Iím worse than him for jumping and feeling on edge. I hate loud noises and things making me jump!

My cat was raised in a boarding kennel (in a a cat part) so heís used to big loud dogs barking, so I guess heís kind of used to noise.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thanks Megaflyer! Playing this now and thinking of you, its very high brow I feel sooooophisticated daaahhhling!
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List