Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Thanks for this. Thankfully they haven't started here yet this year. I didnt give them much thought before having a dog if I'm honest. Seeing him glued to my leg licking his lips constantly while shaking isn't nice. Will tune into that x
Old 4 Nov 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Have to say it's been a lot quieter here this year. Restricted sales has helped. We've only had 1 care home put a post on local fb group, alerting all pet owners 3 days before their display. It got both positive and negative replies, and the display was lovely to watch without the big bangs! Things are definitely changing to Public Displays.
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

I have my surround sound system on a lot more during fireworks season. 10 speakers, even at low volume hides most external noise.
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Shame they’re not doing it tonight as it’s Diwali. The noises started about 40 mins ago and Cherry is terrified bless her 😖
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Bumping up incase anyone has pets that are suffering this evening (weekend)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Just gonna add this on to the thread too in case access to a laptop/computer is easier for anyone, or people need sounds after the coverage has finished xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Listeners have sent in these Live Photos of their pets listening
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Anybody’s cat affected by fireworks? Mittens is not bothered at all by them, which is odd as he hates the vacuum cleaner and the sound of tinfoil.🤔
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Anybody’s cat affected by fireworks? Mittens is not bothered at all by them, which is odd as he hates the vacuum cleaner and the sound of tinfoil.🤔
Mine isn’t really fussed either. If it goes quiet and then there’s a big bang, he will startle a little, but other than that he’s fine. I think I’m worse than him for jumping and feeling on edge. I hate loud noises and things making me jump!

My cat was raised in a boarding kennel (in a a cat part) so he’s used to big loud dogs barking, so I guess he’s kind of used to noise.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thanks Megaflyer! Playing this now and thinking of you, its very high brow I feel sooooophisticated daaahhhling!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List