Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Mammogram call back - update

Thanks for all your replies last week regarding my mums mammogram call back.
We went first thing this morning. They did another x ray and we was told it was a cyst. The doctor said she would drain the cyst there and then however it couldnít be drained. So she decided to take a biopsy just to rule anything else out. They then marked the cyst and did another mammogram. We go back next Wednesday for her results.
The doctor said not to worry because she thinks its fine but my mum is still in a state.
I think this is good news, the doctor showed my the x ray and the cyst was tiny. I donít know if anyone has had experience of a cyst being unable to drain?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I have no experience that could be helpful FT but the fact that the doctor does not seem worried sounds like good news to me.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I have no experience that could be helpful FT but the fact that the doctor does not seem worried sounds like good news to me.
Thats what I think. My mum was having a panic attack and the doctor was brilliant patting her and saying not to worry and that she is confident everything is fine.
She really had to point out the white dot on the scan to me because it was tiny. They are so clever, I wouldíve missed the dot completely 😬
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Aww bless her, she is bound to be worried. How long will it take for the biopsy to come back?
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Aww bless her, she is bound to be worried. How long will it take for the biopsy to come back?
A week, her appointment is next Wednesday at 4:30pm. I feel pretty confident to be honest but I totally understand why she is in a state.
X x x
Old 10 Nov 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Thatís exactly what happened to me last August as I went in as infected a large lump , they said it was a cyst but there was still a lump there after they tried to drain it . Canít recall what they called it but it wasnít cancerous . The wait was awful for the results but thankfully they were good ones so hope your mums are too .
Old 10 Nov 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
Thatís exactly what happened to me last August as I went in as infected a large lump , they said it was a cyst but there was still a lump there after they tried to drain it . Canít recall what they called it but it wasnít cancerous . The wait was awful for the results but thankfully they were good ones so hope your mums are too .
The waiting is the worst! I am so glad everything was ok for you 🥰
Old 10 Nov 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jdndt
Dibbing with Tink

I've got two small cysts that were too small to drain - both in the same breast. All my tests came back clear.
jdndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I have had a tiny cyst that couldn't be drained and she took cells from all around it to check. It was just a cyst that was too small for her to get into as it kept moving when she got the needle near it

1995 Indian Ridge - 1998 Hamiltons Reserve
2000 Omni Rosen - 2007 West Stonebridge
2009 Lake Wilson - 2011/13/14 Town Centre
2016/18 Windwood Bay - 2022 Highland Reserve
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hope they get your mum sorted FT 🥰
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List