Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Anthem of the seas transatlantic cruise October 2022

Hi, has anyone any thoughts about this cruise for first timers,there seems to be a good price for a balcony cabin.Sails from Southampton to new York. ive always fancied a cruise and am planning on treating my mum

Edited at 12:59 AM.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Its a beautiful ship, only thing to note is the amount of consecutive sea days on a transatlantic, so on the plus side you will definitely get used to being at sea on a ship, downside is doesnít give much chance to experience ports of call.
For a first cruise I would be looking at shorter more port intensive itinerary.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Thanks I think your right.I might have to rethink it 🙂
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We thought for ages before taking a transatlantic sailing as we like to see different ports and were worried about endless sea days with nothing to do. We did sail from Rome to Miami with Celebrity a few years ago and absolutely loved it and will be looking to do another one again. Db was also of the same view and after our experience sailed to New York and had one cancelled last year. There is normally lots to do as they seem to have a different programme from the normal multi stop cruise schedule and lay on far more activities. The Anthem has loads to do and is one of those we have looked at for our next TA.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
We thought for ages before taking a transatlantic sailing as we like to see different ports and were worried about endless sea days with nothing to do. We did sail from Rome to Miami with Celebrity a few years ago and absolutely loved it and will be looking to do another one again. Db was also of the same view and after our experience sailed to New York and had one cancelled last year. There is normally lots to do as they seem to have a different programme from the normal multi stop cruise schedule and lay on far more activities. The Anthem has loads to do and is one of those we have looked at for our next TA.
Yes, I know as I have cruised more and more I now love a sea day but to start with I wasnít as sure. I think cruising and being at sea just grows on you, and it certainly makes you relax more! Anthem really is a fantastic ship, so much to do, I tried roller skating and my husband did the ifly indoor skydiving! We loved the steakhouse and wonderland restaurants too.

OP, I donít think its a bad option, just some things to consider - also factor in the long haul flight one way and getting back to your car at southampton.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 21, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

Thanks all i have now cancelled and rebooked a med cruise as my mum is 85 and i hadn't considered the long haul flight home🙂🙂

Edited at 12:29 AM.
Old 15 Nov 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
Thanks all i have now cancelled and rebooked a med cruise as my mum is 85 and i hadn't considered the long haul flight home🙂🙂
The med is wonderful, which ship is it?