Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Hope everyone is well and getting prepared for Christmas. I think I should finish my shopping this weekend as Iím going to Cribbs in Bristol on Sunday, and a local Primark visit on Monday for the pjs and slippers.

Had a lovely walk with DH in the Forest of Dean last weekend and dog sat overnight for our son earlier this week as they went to a concert. They have a lovely 16 month old dog who gets on well with our dog, although our poor Rolo was exhausted after having such a young, bouncy dog here for so long. He certainly enjoyed the evening without him last night to catch up on his sleep. I found it tiring looking after 2 dogs and a grumpy old cat too, Iím not sure I could cope with grandchildren 😂

DD started her induction as a volunteer at Bristol Zoo yesterday and loved it, she said she learnt what to do if an animal escapes (RUN I hope 😂 ) She has 3 more training sessions and then sheís a fully trained volunteer visitor guide. Sheís home this weekend briefly as weíre going to see Everybodyís Talking about Jamie so that should be fun, then she wonít be back until Christmas

Hereís some photos from the walk in Forest of Dean

And the grand-pup with Rolo on a walk near our home

DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes my shopping is almost done. DD and I go to DLP next weekend so I wanted it all done before then, as I have loads on when we come back.
We're putting the decorations up early too (next Wed but DH doesn't know yet ) then after DLP I can wrap presents, write cards with the lights and xmas movies on
DCL Magic
BOOKED - Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Yes my shopping is almost done. DD and I go to DLP next weekend so I wanted it all done before then, as I have loads on when we come back.
We're putting the decorations up early too (next Wed but DH doesn't know yet ) then after DLP I can wrap presents, write cards with the lights and xmas movies on
That sounds so magical, really Christmassy. DLP, decorations up and wrapping the presents with Christmas lights and music/films is such a perfect Christmas scene 🥰
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That sounds so magical, really Christmassy. DLP, decorations up and wrapping the presents with Christmas lights and music/films is such a perfect Christmas scene 🥰
I just said to DH last night that is what I missed last year - December and all the Xmas meals with friends, family visit from DS, doing buffets, Christmas fairs etc - more than the actual Christmas day as we always have a quiet day.
DCL Magic
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I just said to DH last night that is what I missed last year - December and all the Xmas meals with friends, family visit from DS, doing buffets, Christmas fairs etc - more than the actual Christmas day as we always have a quiet day.
I agree, itís lovely to be able to go Christmas shopping, theatre trips, family get togethers and all the things that weíve taken for granted in the past. I think we will appreciate it all so much this year. Although by Christmas afternoon I may be wishing for the quieter Christmas that we had last year 😂
Old 18 Nov 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

What is Cribbs DisneyDaffodil? A nice shop I am guessing?

I know what you mean about feeling tired from the pets! Our pup is so well behaved but does get a bit unsettled in the early evening. We are resorting to walking him around the block.
He is funny though, around half past nine takes himself to bed. Doesnt want to go out for a wee, or have a cuddle either!

Sounds like your daughter has a very interesting role at the zoo! How amazing!

I am not ready for the festive period yet, just all a bit stressful here weve had no dishwasher for couple of weeks, it broke down, and five adults living here is a lot of washing up, plus the new pup to take care of, I just feel a bit knackered!
Im sure I will get into it soon.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
What is Cribbs DisneyDaffodil? A nice shop I am guessing?

I know what you mean about feeling tired from the pets! Our pup is so well behaved but does get a bit unsettled in the early evening. We are resorting to walking him around the block.
He is funny though, around half past nine takes himself to bed. Doesnt want to go out for a wee, or have a cuddle either!

Sounds like your daughter has a very interesting role at the zoo! How amazing!

I am not ready for the festive period yet, just all a bit stressful here weve had no dishwasher for couple of weeks, it broke down, and five adults living here is a lot of washing up, plus the new pup to take care of, I just feel a bit knackered!
Im sure I will get into it soon.
Cribbs Causeway, itís a huge shopping centre in the outskirts of Bristol, very handy when dropping DD back to uni 😃

I donít know if Iíd have the energy for a pup full time 😂 Although our sonís pup is adorable and ever so cute. He has a habit of sitting and moving his head from side to side listening when I spoke to him 💞

I love that your pup has you trained to take him for a stroll before he settles down for the evening 😂

I hope you get your dishwasher fixed soon, and make sure that everyone does their share of the washing up until you get yours fixed or replaced. We donít have a dishwasher so Iím used to the washing up, itís fine usually but itís never ending at Christmas when the family are here
Old 19 Nov 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I love that side to side head thing dogs do when you talk to them! Thatís so cute.

We have already changed our Florida plan so we donít leave the dog for three weeks, going on a med cruise instead nowÖ
Disney prices etc didnít help, also my sons girlfriend can drink on the cruise but not in USA, sheís 20. She is excited to cruise.

We worked out yesterday that Barney was born the day my husband was told he is in remission, seems he was meant to be!
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I love that side to side head thing dogs do when you talk to them! Thatís so cute.

We have already changed our Florida plan so we donít leave the dog for three weeks, going on a med cruise instead nowÖ
Disney prices etc didnít help, also my sons girlfriend can drink on the cruise but not in USA, sheís 20. She is excited to cruise.

We worked out yesterday that Barney was born the day my husband was told he is in remission, seems he was meant to be!
The cruise sounds a fantastic plan. Weíve not been away longer than 10-11 nights as we have the pets and I donít like leaving them any longer than that. We had hoped for 2 weeks for next summer in Florida but I know we will be changing our plans for next year too. The dates I booked no longer work with DHís holiday dates (the company changed them this year despite always giving the same summer dates for years 🙄 ) and I donít really feel the enthusiasm of it with all the changes Disney have made either. I would have changed it by now but I know DD will be disappointed to cancel. I think we may just see if we can postpone it for a year and see if we feel better about going in 2023.

Barney really was made for you 💞 A real sign of life getting back to normal and a long, happy future together with your DH in good health xx

Edited at 10:29 AM.
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We love Med cruises! Who are you sailing with?
DCL Magic
TRIP REPORT INDEX