Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Nov 21, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Congratulations to you botha! A busy day too. Never been in Tapleys, so must give those nachos a try. You've fair cheered me up though. It never occurred to me that I'll be able to get B&BW in Canada. We never spend any time shopping when we are in Canada, and although Whistler has some lovely shops, it doesn't have a B&BW yet. I'll make a b line when we are in Vancouver and be sure to have space in my luggage. I don't share the love for the Dubh Linn Gate either, noisy and scruffy.
Thanks Chris!
Haha, the first thing I did when we booked the flights to Canada was check what stores they had the same as the US 😂. I was so pleased they had B&BW, Sephora and Walmart. You’ll definitely have to go there when you’re next in Vancouver. It’s in the underground mall, it’s got a Nordstrom in there too which I love but didn’t have the time to look unfortunately.
We really liked Tapleys, great staff, food and drinks.
Reminded me a little of a Millers Ale House but a lot smaller. We really fell in love with Whistler and instantly regretted only booking one night!
Have you skied there often?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thanks Chris!
We really fell in love with Whistler and instantly regretted only booking one night!
Have you skied there often?
Well, we've been there often I don't ski, just never got on with it, but DH and boys do and I used to do swimming and walks and go round the restaurants deciding where to eat that night. Then we started to go with friends who had pre-school children, so I loved looking after them during the day, but now they ski too and our boys don't come so I am back to entertaining myself. I go snowshoeing and walks. We've stayed in several hotels and the Fairmont is our favourite and we've never been in the summer or seen much further afield.
Old 1 Dec 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

CONGRATULATIONS 🥳 🎉

What a proposal!

And top marks for the shopping

I would love the gondola
Old 19 Dec 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Well, we've been there often I don't ski, just never got on with it, but DH and boys do and I used to do swimming and walks and go round the restaurants deciding where to eat that night. Then we started to go with friends who had pre-school children, so I loved looking after them during the day, but now they ski too and our boys don't come so I am back to entertaining myself. I go snowshoeing and walks. We've stayed in several hotels and the Fairmont is our favourite and we've never been in the summer or seen much further afield.
You sound just like me! I don't ski either but still find plenty to do with walking and hiking and generally wandering around while the rest of the family are on the slopes. We've only been to France though but Whistler is definitely on the list to go back to one ski season. The Fairmont looks like a wonderful hotel, will have to check prices when we decide to go

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
CONGRATULATIONS 🥳 🎉

What a proposal!

And top marks for the shopping

I would love the gondola
Thanks so much Karen!

Haha, you know me, I've had plenty of practice in the shopping department but even I was quite proud of myself for getting it all in half an hour

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 22 Apr 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Huge congratulations to you both - your ring is beautiful

Fabulous day all round - more amazing scenery and great fun in the evening. Well done girls for beating the boys at darts!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Huge congratulations to you both - your ring is beautiful

Fabulous day all round - more amazing scenery and great fun in the evening. Well done girls for beating the boys at darts!
Oh thank you! Just thinking about today makes me so smile so much, really special memories
It was made even better when we beat them at darts though

IG - alicialanesmith