VIP Dibber

How rubbish I feel so bad for you
At least youíve got the DIBB 💕💕
Take care x
Old 3 Dec 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

How awful keep yourself busy with the Dibb and online shopping. Catch up on some tv/movies that you've probably put off for not having time etc and do try get outside for some fresh air.

Hoping time passes quick for you!
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hi Ali, am sorry youre having to do this, we are all here if you get bored we can start a chat! Take care xxx
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Feel sorry for you as our son and family had to endure government imposed 14 night quarantine when they returned to New Zealand and it was certainly no picnic. They were travelling with a 12 month old baby and it took 3 nights to get a cot and as for food suitable for a baby of that age well that was a joke as chicken nuggets and chips are not something that she would be fed and as for asking for proper baby food that fell on deaf ears as did trying to get her evening meal served before 9 pm some nights. That stopped after she let the whole floor know she was hungry! They also were taken out for supervised walks but that diminished to a short walk around the car park when a nearby office went back to work. Not that the original walk would have taken them that near any other people.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
Feel sorry for you as our son and family had to endure government imposed 14 night quarantine when they returned to New Zealand and it was certainly no picnic. They were travelling with a 12 month old baby and it took 3 nights to get a cot and as for food suitable for a baby of that age well that was a joke as chicken nuggets and chips are not something that she would be fed and as for asking for proper baby food that fell on deaf ears as did trying to get her evening meal served before 9 pm some nights. That stopped after she let the whole floor know she was hungry! They also were taken out for supervised walks but that diminished to a short walk around the car park when a nearby office went back to work. Not that the original walk would have taken them that near any other people.
There were 3 couples with young babies in our queue at Heathrow. No idea how they will manage for 10 days, unless their allocated hotels are better set up than Holiday Inn.
On day 3 now ,I've just done a second lot of hand washing in the bath, using the one bottle of all purpose hair/ body wash provided. Thankfully I brought a hanging drying rack with me . The hotel will do laundry for us - 7 small items , per room per stay so that's 2 pairs of undies each and fight over who gets a pair of socks washed
Our windows actually open ( some hotels don't ) only 3 inches, but I've been sat breathing in fresh air for 30 minutes or so each day.
I also do 3 30 minute exercise sessions each day, walking backwards and forwards, jogging on the spot or using the bed as a step.
I feel like we've been here ages, but trying to feel lucky. So many on my forums are still in SA trying to get quarantine accommodation and / or flights.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
There were 3 couples with young babies in our queue at Heathrow. No idea how they will manage for 10 days, unless their allocated hotels are better set up than Holiday Inn.
On day 3 now ,I've just done a second lot of hand washing in the bath, using the one bottle of all purpose hair/ body wash provided. Thankfully I brought a hanging drying rack with me . The hotel will do laundry for us - 7 small items , per room per stay so that's 2 pairs of undies each and fight over who gets a pair of socks washed
Our windows actually open ( some hotels don't ) only 3 inches, but I've been sat breathing in fresh air for 30 minutes or so each day.
I also do 3 30 minute exercise sessions each day, walking backwards and forwards, jogging on the spot or using the bed as a step.
I feel like we've been here ages, but trying to feel lucky. So many on my forums are still in SA trying to get quarantine accommodation and / or flights.
Thanks for the update it must be so so hard
Chin up ❤️
Take care x
Someone famous in your hotel just tweeted this
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Chin up ❤️
Take care x
Absolutely disgusting. Not about quarantine it's about the 💰.

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Chin up ❤️
Take care x
I sympathise with the OPís situation, but at least itís good they are treating everyone the same and not making exceptions for the famous x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Absolutely disgusting. Not about quarantine it's about the 💰.
Yep. Dozens of cases diagnosed now, it will be everywhere. Cash cow.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
This is living normally
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List