Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 4 Dec 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jodieg
I want to go now!

Luggage storage on DCL? Help please!

We are first time cruisers…apologies! So we’re on the dream in about 10 days time. We have a family oceanview veranda room (just one room for 5 of us). I’m getting a bit stressed over luggage space! We are taking 2 medium/smaller large sized cases and one cabin suitcase. We’ll be taking our small umbrella stroller too. What’s the space like for storage?! We’re doing 5 park days after the cruise so have nowhere else to put our luggage (one case is for the cruise and one for the parks!). Am I stressing over nothing?! Will this be fine? Thanks!
Jodieg is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There's plenty of under bed storage for cases so you could put your park one under there plus unpack your cruise one and store it under there. Also you could put your cabin bag in the wardrobe and possibly the stroller or that might also fit under the bed with the cases.

Are you staying on site before or after the cruise ?

Edited at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jodieg
I want to go now!

Lovely, thank you. No, we have just booked a holiday inn nearby for the night before our cruise and then staying part universal hotel and part Sheraton when we’re off the cruise.
Jodieg is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jodieg View Post
Lovely, thank you. No, we have just booked a holiday inn nearby for the night before our cruise and then staying part universal hotel and part Sheraton when we’re off the cruise.
OK, the only reason I asked is that if you're going from a Disney resort to a cruise and then back to a Disney resort, they will move and store your luggage for you.

I think you'll be fine as far as storage goes, have a lovely trip

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I’m sure you’ll easily have room for that amount of luggage etc. We had an inside room on the Magic and had lots of storage space - plenty of places to unpack everything and the bed is easily high enough to slide all your cases underneath.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
OK, the only reason I asked is that if you're going from a Disney resort to a cruise and then back to a Disney resort, they will move and store your luggage for you.

I think you'll be fine as far as storage goes, have a lovely trip
We are staying offsite before a cruise but afterwards coming back to BC, do you think they will store a case for us? it is only for 3 days?
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jodieg View Post
We are first time cruisers…apologies! So we’re on the dream in about 10 days time. We have a family oceanview veranda room (just one room for 5 of us). I’m getting a bit stressed over luggage space! We are taking 2 medium/smaller large sized cases and one cabin suitcase. We’ll be taking our small umbrella stroller too. What’s the space like for storage?! We’re doing 5 park days after the cruise so have nowhere else to put our luggage (one case is for the cruise and one for the parks!). Am I stressing over nothing?! Will this be fine? Thanks!
Like others have said there is lots of space under the beds and in the wardrobes too if you need it. We only unpack what we are going to use on the cruise and leave everything else in the cases. Packing cubes are a bit of an obsession for me
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
We are staying offsite before a cruise but afterwards coming back to BC, do you think they will store a case for us? it is only for 3 days?
No they wont. Its hit and miss if they store them if you are going between the hotel and cruise and back again in my experience as well so not guaranteed anyway. Especially after COVID I would think this would be something that would be less likely to happen but we haven't had enough reports to know for sure.