Notices

Old 3 Dec 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Vaccinated under 16s and travel

Has anybody got under 16s who are fully vaccinated (2 jabs) and travelled yet? Or will be shortly?

How are you proving their vaccination status?

We are (fingers crossed) going to DLP in February and DS13 should be double vaccinated by then. Itís not so much for entry to France as currently we all have to test prior to entering and heís allowed to travel with us even if unvaccinated. But if youíre unvaccinated, you have to pay for tests every 24 hours to enter DLP.

Obviously, canít show the NHS pass as heís not old enough.

If anyone is travelling soon with vaccinated children less than 16, could you please report your experiences.

Apologies, was not sure whether to post this here, general trip planning or the Disneyland Paris forum. But seen as itís a current issues relating to Covid, I posted it here.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

I believe the government are working on something for under 16ís, hopefully it will be in place by February. At the moment there doesnít seem to be a way to prove vaccination for them. Iíve just had to cancel our Lanzarote holiday for Christmas as DS14 has only had one dose. On a lot of travel forums Iím on, even people with fully vaccinated teenagers are cancelling as they have found it impossible to get the proof that Spain requires.
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sukey View Post
I believe the government are working on something for under 16ís, hopefully it will be in place by February. At the moment there doesnít seem to be a way to prove vaccination for them. Iíve just had to cancel our Lanzarote holiday for Christmas as DS14 has only had one dose. On a lot of travel forums Iím on, even people with fully vaccinated teenagers are cancelling as they have found it impossible to get the proof that Spain requires.
Thank you. How disappointing for everyone. ☹️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

There isnít anything at the moment to prove it. Jet 2 confirmed to us they will not accept a doctors letter or GP record. Itís a ludicrous situation.
Iíve had letters from relatively senior people in Dept of Health and Transport saying the same thing- they are working on it.
However, an MP involved (one for Shipley, forgotten her name) says the solution shortly to be implemented is a Covid pass letter.
Why itís taken as long as it has, God knows. Itís daft. They should have said from the off, send out the letter. Daft thing is my 14 year old has the NHS app with his GP records on but when he tries to get the Covid pass it says you must be over 16!
Our government made a mistake not immediately opening 12+ to double jabs. Now we are different to most other Western countries. It looks like people may be better jabbed compared to natural infection for Omicron. Soon, other countries including US will go the way of Spain, and soon also insist on a booster. Our government need to allow at least all 12+ to be fully vaccinated. Soon it may even go 5+ in the rest of the world.
Old 4 Dec 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Very Serious Dibber

The UK is definitely lagging behind.
We have written off WDW for next year as there were too many changes and price increases.
Booked for California next August then seen Universal Hollywood require 12+ to show proof of vaccinations or negative tests. We have a soon to be 12 year old who might not even be double jabbed + 2 weeks by next August. Getting negative tests every time we want to go somewhere is not going to happen.
We have cancelled the hotel and given up on the USA for next year as it too much stress.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
There isnít anything at the moment to prove it. Jet 2 confirmed to us they will not accept a doctors letter or GP record. Itís a ludicrous situation.
Iíve had letters from relatively senior people in Dept of Health and Transport saying the same thing- they are working on it.
However, an MP involved (one for Shipley, forgotten her name) says the solution shortly to be implemented is a Covid pass letter.
Why itís taken as long as it has, God knows. Itís daft. They should have said from the off, send out the letter. Daft thing is my 14 year old has the NHS app with his GP records on but when he tries to get the Covid pass it says you must be over 16!
Our government made a mistake not immediately opening 12+ to double jabs. Now we are different to most other Western countries. It looks like people may be better jabbed compared to natural infection for Omicron. Soon, other countries including US will go the way of Spain, and soon also insist on a booster. Our government need to allow at least all 12+ to be fully vaccinated. Soon it may even go 5+ in the rest of the world.
Thank you. Did they say how long it would take for this Covid pass letter? Would be helpful if it included a QR code.
Old 4 Dec 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
The UK is definitely lagging behind.
We have written off WDW for next year as there were too many changes and price increases.
Booked for California next August then seen Universal Hollywood require 12+ to show proof of vaccinations or negative tests. We have a soon to be 12 year old who might not even be double jabbed + 2 weeks by next August. Getting negative tests every time we want to go somewhere is not going to happen.
We have cancelled the hotel and given up on the USA for next year as it too much stress.
This is my concern about our DLP trip. If heís double jabbed by then, I donít see why I should pay an extra £100+ on daily tests just because our government havenít got a system in place.☹️
Old 4 Dec 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Who do I contact to ask about this situation? The more people asking, maybe the quicker it will get done.
Old 4 Dec 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sukey
Excited about Disney

This is my worry, the rest of the world going to 5+ and not us. We have just had to cancel a holiday to Lanzarote as DS14 has only had one dose. My concern is next year heíll be fully vaccinated, but we could be unable to go anywhere as our 8 year old wonít be.
Sukey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

I am in Scotland and yesterday requested my daughter's vaccination status letter by phoning the Vaccine Helpline. She is 14 and they said I will receive a paper copy in the next 3 to 5 days. My 16 year old has her one already and has used the paper copy to travel.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List