Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 22, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Here now!

Hey

Thanks for all the tips you gave me before leaving. I’m currently here in Anaheim and hit downtown Disney briefly yesterday going to explore today.

But wanted to share how easy it was to get a Uber from the airport. I landed late 11pm as was delayed 2 hours in Boston and got a Uber at 12, I rang hotel and they said I had to be at hotel before 1am or they would cancel my reservation, but I was at the hotel at 12.30 roads was clear it cost $80 plus I tipped on top too as man was lovely. You do have to wear a mask in Ubers and lyft here though so make sure you have some.

I hit Walmart today to get snacks, do not go to the neighbourhood Walmart i did and it wasn’t what I was expecting, the super store is like 5 more minutes away, I got snacks and things to take into the park.

Hitting outlets today and then Cheesecake Factory tonight so excited to hit parks tommorrow, but just wanted to give you some tips that I learnt from being here, hopefully some nice people will take some pics of me in 5e parks as I’m a solo traveller

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Have a great holiday. Thanks for your update. 😎😎
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Captain Ethan
VIP Dibber

Great advice thank you! Very useful info, if you get chance please report any further tips along the way. Won't be long for us now 😀
Old 16 Aug 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
Hey

Thanks for all the tips you gave me before leaving. I’m currently here in Anaheim and hit downtown Disney briefly yesterday going to explore today.

But wanted to share how easy it was to get a Uber from the airport. I landed late 11pm as was delayed 2 hours in Boston and got a Uber at 12, I rang hotel and they said I had to be at hotel before 1am or they would cancel my reservation, but I was at the hotel at 12.30 roads was clear it cost $80 plus I tipped on top too as man was lovely. You do have to wear a mask in Ubers and lyft here though so make sure you have some.

I hit Walmart today to get snacks, do not go to the neighbourhood Walmart i did and it wasn’t what I was expecting, the super store is like 5 more minutes away, I got snacks and things to take into the park.

Hitting outlets today and then Cheesecake Factory tonight so excited to hit parks tommorrow, but just wanted to give you some tips that I learnt from being here, hopefully some nice people will take some pics of me in 5e parks as I’m a solo traveller

Hi - where are the outlets nearest to Anaheim?
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
americanv8
Apprentice Imagineer

americanv8's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
Outlets at Orange are probably the closest. 10 min drive from Disney area
americanv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Great tips but remember OP arrived from a domestic flight form Boston and not into TBIT from UK - TBIT is a zoo in comparison and not sure it is as easy to grab an uber from there (well I know it hasn't been last few years due to them being banned form pulling up outside the terminal) hence why so many of us use private town car hires
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Captain Ethan View Post
Great advice thank you! Very useful info, if you get chance please report any further tips along the way. Won't be long for us now 😀
I will do I head the parks today

Originally Posted by Endeavour View Post
Yep outlets at orange is 10 mins away in Uber, cost $8 some good shops. I got sandles in Nike from $10 from $50. Some good shops.

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Great tips but remember OP arrived from a domestic flight form Boston and not into TBIT from UK - TBIT is a zoo in comparison and not sure it is as easy to grab an uber from there (well I know it hasn't been last few years due to them being banned form pulling up outside the terminal) hence why so many of us use private town car hires
I didn’t get it outside the airport I had to go to the drop off for Uber area, there was a shuttle, which took 5 or so minutes I arrived in terminal 5. I’m using private hire on way back, it was definetly a zoo in terminal 5 6 planes came in at once and bags was everywhere.

Heading the parks today so will keep up with the tips, I have hungry bear restaurant booked at 7.30 to get fantasmic seating the one which u take away for $30 that badtink recommended.

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophie1405 View Post
I will do I head the parks today

Yep outlets at orange is 10 mins away in Uber, cost $8 some good shops. I got sandles in Nike from $10 from $50. Some good shops.

I didn’t get it outside the airport I had to go to the drop off for Uber area, there was a shuttle, which took 5 or so minutes I arrived in terminal 5. I’m using private hire on way back, it was definetly a zoo in terminal 5 6 planes came in at once and bags was everywhere.

Heading the parks today so will keep up with the tips, I have hungry bear restaurant booked at 7.30 to get fantasmic seating the one which u take away for $30 that badtink recommended.

O I C - that's why I stick with private with meet & greet after a long flight; I cant be doing with all that transfer nonsense when I am tired (and probably grumpy )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Taxis and most ride shares (Uber/Lyft etc) cannot pick up outside any of the terminals at LAX while the APM is being built (we shall see if they return when it’s finished). The only ones which can do kerbside pick-up at the terminals are the Uber/Lyft “Black” services, which are allowed in the same way as town cars / limos.

All other ride share and taxi pickups are from LAX-it, which is next to T1.

It’s also walkable from all terminals, but it’s furthest from TBIT/T4, and probably easier to take the shuttle from there, as it would be 15-20 mins walk. Navigating the crowds and vehicles outside the various LAX terminals with baggage isn’t for the faint-hearted…

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List