Notices

Old 15 Mar 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
I seriously doubt the schools will reopen before Sept.
as a frontline healthcare worker I have an overwhelming feeling of impending doom and think it is going to be like an apocalypse
Mmm I’ve heard this from friends in your position too. Thank you for everything you are doing and stay safe x
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
I seriously doubt the schools will reopen before Sept.
as a frontline healthcare worker I have an overwhelming feeling of impending doom and think it is going to be like an apocalypse
Gosh that's scary
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 02:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Sorry just reading this thread. Have a girls day trip from leeds booked to Dublin and our flight still seems to be going ahead, temple bar open etc.
Just so hard knowing what to do.
Tinker-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinker-mum View Post
Sorry just reading this thread. Have a girls day trip from leeds booked to Dublin and our flight still seems to be going ahead, temple bar open etc.
That will change
We will.be in lockdown very soon.
Personally I would say it is madness to travel anywhere right now
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
My SIL in Ireland owns and runs a crèche. It was touch and go in January because of the hike in a insurance payments. She kept open through that but now she’s close down and has to pay the 4 girls that work for her. She doesn’t think she’ll be able to stay in business. I’m gutted for her. Her husband is a self employed driving instructor but they’ve cancelled all driving tests too so he’s had mass cancellation and and empty books. The next lesson on his book is for April 12th and who knows if that will be cancelled too. My aunt and uncle are in a village in Tipperary and couldn’t get any toilet roll or hand wash in the shop today. They both have health issues and they don’t have a car or a computer. Thankfully, we were able to get In touch with a local who does a bit of taxi driving and we sent him the money to get some supplies to them and he was able to find boxes of tissues and soap in a Tesco a nearby larger town. It’s very hard when you have to stay away as we’d love to go over and help them or have them come to us for a while.
Depending on the legal situation re: childcare in Ireland, she may well be able to find work placing her staff and herself into the homes of healthcare workers to assist with childcare - this might be worth exploring?
Old 15 Mar 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

My son has a boy in his class that lives in the south but travels the 3miles to go to school in the North! It’s ridiculous really that the country is doing different things, makes no sense!
I wish they could put politics to one side and think about the health of the people.

I did hear Arlene Foster say that the schools will close for up to 16weeks 😱
Michelle O'Neill has already taken her children out of school in line with the south.

It’s so bloody confusing!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
Thank you for the update, it’s very interesting to read what’s going on. Hope your daughter isn’t too disappointed about her party
Any chance you have a link or anything to that art challenge? Think my wee girl might enjoy that too
It’s William Sliney on facebook. He’s in Cork and is an illustrator for Everton Football Club, Marvel and Star Wars. The one for today is up now and he’s looking at doing an online art class on Tuesday I think on you tube

Edited at 11:16 AM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Restaurants are starting to voluntarily close and pubs. There’s a campaign to close the pubs in Temple Bar after we’re all being told to social distance and video footage came out last night of a packed pub there. We think we’ll be on lockdown tomorrow. I’d stay at home
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Dont come for your own sake and your family. We live here and are not even going to the shops. Everywhere is shutting down.
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker-mum
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Dont come for your own sake and your family. We live here and are not even going to the shops. Everywhere is shutting down.
It's so weird being in England. That's why it's hard to judge what to do. Everything here...work, school is carrying on as normal...then I read the news and i panic then back to normal again then think our florida trip will most definitely be off in late April then everything here is normal again.

I just cant fathom why we are doing it so differently to everyone else.