Old 15 Mar 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
It’s William Sliney on facebook. The one for today is up now and he’s looking at doing an online art class on Tuesday I think on you tube
Thanks for that my daughter would love it too.
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
16 weeks! F*ck! That’s a long time! We really think my son’s academic year might be over. He’s in Transition Year (kind of like work experience, project work year for those not familiar) which was supposed to finish 21st May. We feel this break is going to be extended to the Easter holidays at least. If schools were to reopen after that there’s no way they’ll want his year in the way when the teaching staff are trying to get everyone else ready for exams.
It’s madness that there’s such a difference in action across Europe - even on the island of Ireland! I hope Boris comes to his senses soon.
I Usually live and teach in Spain, but in the UK at the moment ( might have mentioned this once or twice on these forums))

I told my boss yesterday that there was potentially a 14-week closedown in Ireland...

Her response
≈≈≈≈.. if the virus does not get me the ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ kids will
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinker-mum View Post
It's so weird being in England. That's why it's hard to judge what to do. Everything here...work, school is carrying on as normal...then I read the news and i panic then back to normal again then think our florida trip will most definitely be off in late April then everything here is normal again.

I just cant fathom why we are doing it so differently to everyone else.
I dont know who is doing it right or wrong Tinkermum. I just want everyone to get thru it and for life to resume but it's so scary at the moment. I posted on another thread how we watched Ant and Dec last night in horror. All those people sitting beside each other in the audience. Over here you have to be at least 1 mtr away if you do go out but people are only going to the shops for food or the chemist for medicine. Of course there will always be absolute dopes (want to call them other names) who will disobey they rules hence why the pubs are all closing now. The kids were noticing Ant and Dec touching their faces too. An absolute no no here we have been told to train ourselves not to touch our eyes nose and mouth. I know you probably think I am being over the top. Up to last week I was saying I'm going on my hols no matter what but this week I all I want is for my family and friends to live thru this. I know it sounds so dramatic but it's the truth x
Old 15 Mar 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
I dont know who is doing it right or wrong Tinkermum. I just want everyone to get thru it and for life to resume but it's so scary at the moment. I posted on another thread how we watched Ant and Dec last night in horror. All those people sitting beside each other in the audience. Over here you have to be at least 1 mtr away if you do go out but people are only going to the shops for food or the chemist for medicine. Of course there will always be absolute dopes (want to call them other names) who will disobey they rules hence why the pubs are all closing now. The kids were noticing Ant and Dec touching their faces too. An absolute no no here we have been told to train ourselves not to touch our eyes nose and mouth. I know you probably think I am being over the top. Up to last week I was saying I'm going on my hols no matter what but this week I all I want is for my family and friends to live thru this. I know it sounds so dramatic but it's the truth x
We were watching The Last Leg on Friday thinking the same! It’s madness the different approaches. Unfortunately the WHO think Boris has this wrong and have called him out on it!
It is weird how quickly your view changes isn’t it?! I think this messaging and everything is to get us ready for them closing everything else - apart from grocery stores and chemists. We’ll be a lot more accepting of it tomorrow if that’s what comes as many of us have started calling out for it!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Thank you for the information about Will Sliney.

My youngest two have their drawing pads out and are very impressed.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
VIP Dibber

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m based in Dublin and work have setup my pc so I can work from home if needed and DH has been told to work from home and not to come into the office under any circumstance.
DS in in TY too and coming off two weeks of work placement that didn’t happen because of the pandemic.
I can see us going the way of Spain soon enough with total shutdown.
Thankfully the panic buying seems to have eased off - was in Tesco and SuperValu this morning doing the weekly shop and all was calm after the madness of earlier in the week.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Is it true all pubs have been closed? My aunt text me and said she thinks it’s a government mandate now.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Is it true all pubs have been closed? My aunt text me and said she thinks it’s a government mandate now.
Pubs and night clubs in Temple Bar, Dublin have closed voluntarily
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashc13 View Post
Pubs and night clubs in Temple Bar, Dublin have closed voluntarily
Thanks, the pub in her town has closed too. Wasn’t sure if it was voluntary or forced.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinker-mum View Post
It's so weird being in England. That's why it's hard to judge what to do. Everything here...work, school is carrying on as normal...then I read the news and i panic then back to normal again then think our florida trip will most definitely be off in late April then everything here is normal again.

I just cant fathom why we are doing it so differently to everyone else.
I agree, its very worrying that we seem to be doing something so different to everyone else. Confusing to know who might be right
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List