Notices

Old 15 Mar 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Today the majority of pubs and restaurants in Derry have closed their doors for the foreseeable future.

Lots of people are also deciding to keep their kids at home like the republic are doing.

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ashc13
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Thanks, the pub in her town has closed too. Wasn’t sure if it was voluntary or forced.
At the moment it's voluntary. A lot of pub owners say they can't enforce the current rules. Paddy's Day is Tuesday, which is traditionally a busy day for the pubs. Leo has asked for more guidance from experts. Earlier he said he might seek enforce powers from the Dail.
ashc13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mad cat woman
I want to go now!

I work in retail outside Dublin since Thursday it has been madness, where do they put all their stock piled goods when they get home?

Just finished another crazy shift and the two local pubs are closed.

And as for Leo sending the announcement to close schools from Washington, this country is in crisis and he's on a jolly up. In my opinion he should never have gone.
mad cat woman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Tbf Mad Cat Woman- he went for a very short time, and he came straight back. I'm not a fan but I do think they are stepping up to the plate.
Old 15 Mar 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

All pubs to close now from tonight
Old 15 Mar 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
All pubs to close now from tonight
Thanks for the confirmation. Do you have any recommendation for a website that would be trustworthy for me to keep up to date and pass along info to my aunt and uncle who are not online and have to wait for the TV news. Would RTE news website be best?
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

How do all the businesses survive? Will they get help from the government? As this will go and then what? I understand social distancing but this is on another level . The no school concerns me fine for a couple of weeks but 16! What I don’t understand is how this will eradicate the virus as surely once you mix it will appear again? I’m so confused in regards to this and life now doesn’t make sense? !
Old 15 Mar 20, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. Do you have any recommendation for a website that would be trustworthy for me to keep up to date and pass along info to my aunt and uncle who are not online and have to wait for the TV news. Would RTE news website be best?
The journal.ie it's a little tabloid but it updates quickly.
Rte also yes or independent.ie
Old 15 Mar 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gallagro
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
How do all the businesses survive? Will they get help from the government? As this will go and then what? I understand social distancing but this is on another level . The no school concerns me fine for a couple of weeks but 16! What I don’t understand is how this will eradicate the virus as surely once you mix it will appear again? I’m so confused in regards to this and life now doesn’t make sense? !
They can't eradicate it they are just trying to make sure we don't all get it at the same time and overwhelm the health service
gallagro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gallagro View Post
They can't eradicate it they are just trying to make sure we don't all get it at the same time and overwhelm the health service
This I understand but if we are all on lockdown no one is getting it so how long do you have to stay in for as when everyone is allowed out it will start up again and will overwhelm the NHS! I get the 70+ and at risk and whilst I know this is mentally challenging it will keep them safe but to just completely shut down towns and cities, education loss, economy loss and no guarantee that what we will do will stop it. We can’t all stay in until the vaccine I know no one wants to get it but if the vulnerable are safe and we are going about our business but being careful I don’t see the issue as surely we are building the immunity up which in turn helps stops the spread. And most people only suffer mild symptoms.
So I would really appreciate the help to understand the method behind this.
The media scare monger as they don’t publish how many people have survived coranavirus there needs to be some balance!

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List