Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Dec 21, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

This morning we did early entry for Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster (which has been our standard morning routine). W got this beautiful pic from the Hagrid’s line:

We needed the express passes a bit more today than other days and we hopped between the two parks.

Before leaving Studios for lunch, we picked up a Dole Whip at Schwab’s Pharmacy.

This was lopsided but good! It was boiling today so we were happy to have something refreshing.

We decided to go to the HRH pool for a couple of hours and have lunch on the sunbeds delivered from The Beach Club around the pool. This does similar food to a standard Hard Rock Cafe. It’s lovely sitting and being waited on around the pool!

We both just got water to drink, then I ordered chicken tenders and fries, while W ordered the chipotle chicken flatbread.

The tenders were great and exactly what I fancied. They asked if I wanted a portion with 3 or 5 tenders. I’m glad I only chose 3 as they were huge! A few different dips came with them but my favourite was the bbq.

W loved his pizza and when I tried it I thought it was lovely too; the flavours were great together. This was so good that W said it was better than the great pork belly one we had on Monday at Volcano Bay!

We’ve had a couple more snacks and dinner today which I’ll write up tomorrow.

Edited at 05:41 AM.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What is this magic! In all my trips to Universal, I had no idea you could get a dole whip there. 😁 A relaxing afternoon by the pool looks perfect, they really do know how to do proper chicken tenders in the US - they look huge! A great day 🤩
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What is this magic! In all my trips to Universal, I had no idea you could get a dole whip there. 😁 A relaxing afternoon by the pool looks perfect, they really do know how to do proper chicken tenders in the US - they look huge! A great day 🤩
You can get it in Schwab’s in Studios and I think also at Wimpey’s in Islands! I didn’t know until a few months ago either but I think I watched it on a vlog
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I forgot to add that yesterday morning we also redeemed our arcade tickets (never played in the arcade on previous trips but the basketball games are fun!) and for our 300 tickets we claimed a Nerd Rope as a prize. We basically just went for the most extra looking piece of American candy from the prize section

This was good! Got to love a bit of ‘free’ candy
Old 4 Dec 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

After the pool, we went back into the parks, starting with Islands for velocicoaster and then we got the Hogwarts Express over to Studios.

I decided to get a piece of Butterbeer Fudge and W got a strawberries and cream soft serve which we ate on the steps by Florean Fortescue’s. The fudge came in a cute box, not sure if this is new but I don’t think we got one last time we ordered fudge!

This was all good although the pieces of fudge are huge for something so indulgent! I think the ice cream just about won the snack battle here, it is such a good flavour.

We then had a last night time ride on Rip Rocket, a quick ride on transformers and then got a place to watch the Cinematic Spectacular. I think this is only on certain nights (possibly weekends) but I highly recommend checking the schedule and watching it if you can. It was brilliant! We watched it in 2019 but the HHN version, which was good, but this one was much better I think. It actually hit me more than Enchantment did but I have to remember that was only from afar so I will still reserve judgement on that one!

We then went back to HRH and did a bit of packing and form completion before heading back into CityWalk for dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp. We decided on here after a lengthy ‘I don’t know where to eat’ conversation but it seemed like a safe option to guarantee us a good meal!

We have been to the Orlando location before and severely over ordered so we were careful with what we ordered so we could actually get close to finishing our meals!

To drink, W got the watermelon coronarita and I got the Louisiana Lemonade which is lemon rum, tropical lemonade and strawberries. Both came in souvenir glasses.

W has had the coronarita before but never a flavoured version and he loved it! He would definitely have it again.

My drink was lovely, not particularly strong (in either alcohol or general taste!) but was good.

To start, we shared the Shrimp Shack Mac & Cheese which is Shrimp, Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese, Elbow Pasta and Parmesan Topping.

This is one of our favourite mac n cheeses anywhere! We think the Yardbird one just about over took it this trip however it really is good and the Parmesan Topping gives it a great crunch.

For entree, W got Forrest’s Surf & Turf which is 10oz Boneless Ribeye, Grilled Shrimp, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.

He loved this! The steak was cooked perfectly, the shrimp were huge and the mashed potato was absolutely amazing. A great dish!

I had the Shrimper’s Heaven which is Fried Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, Tempura Shrimp, Fries, Cocktail Sauce, Cajun Marmalade and Tempura Sauce.

This was really good! The tempura shrimp and fried shrimp were both amazing. I liked the tempura sauce the best and used it with pretty much everything!

I did however notice that there were only two types of shrimp in the basket so I checked with the server who confirmed I was missing my coconut shrimp! He was really good and brought me some over really quickly.

Funnily enough these were my least favourite type of shrimp in the dish but they were massive so I’m sure if you love coconut shrimp these would’ve been amazing!

This was such a good meal and the perfect way to round off our trip. We were really pleased to have picked Bubba Gump’s and to have chosen great dishes!

The bill was just under $110 plus tip.

We then collected our souvenir glasses and walked over to Fat Tuesday for a frozen cocktail. This time we asked them to mix the Strawberry and Eye Candy which they did - it looked cool!

This was really good again and a fab way to round off the evening.

A brilliant last full day.

We’re now just heading to the park for the final early entry before checking out, having lunch at Mythos and then travelling to the airport at around 15.30.

Edited at 01:56 PM.
Old 4 Dec 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great last full day. 😁 Thank you so much for taking the time to do your report! You have had some fantastic meals and shared some fab tips. I hope you have a great morning and a swift and safe journey home. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A fab last day lots of tasty treats. Enjoy your last few rides and your meal at mythos.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
This morning we did early entry for Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster (which has been our standard morning routine). W got this beautiful pic from the Hagrid’s line:

We needed the express passes a bit more today than other days and we hopped between the two parks.

Before leaving Studios for lunch, we picked up a Dole Whip at Schwab’s Pharmacy.

This was lopsided but good! It was boiling today so we were happy to have something refreshing.

We decided to go to the HRH pool for a couple of hours and have lunch on the sunbeds delivered from The Beach Club around the pool. This does similar food to a standard Hard Rock Cafe. It’s lovely sitting and being waited on around the pool!

We both just got water to drink, then I ordered chicken tenders and fries, while W ordered the chipotle chicken flatbread.

The tenders were great and exactly what I fancied. They asked if I wanted a portion with 3 or 5 tenders. I’m glad I only chose 3 as they were huge! A few different dips came with them but my favourite was the bbq.

W loved his pizza and when I tried it I thought it was lovely too; the flavours were great together. This was so good that W said it was better than the great pork belly one we had on Monday at Volcano Bay!

We’ve had a couple more snacks and dinner today which I’ll write up tomorrow.
The photo of Hogwarts is excellent, you should definitely get it printed and framed 👍🏻
Food looks amazing, love a chicken tender
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I agree with you, the pitcher definitely gave me Wetherspoons vibes! I was just pleased by the cost after some of our other cocktail bills
I hear you!

And I’m sat here drooling over your yummy looking food, particularly the shrimp! (ALL THE SHRIMP!)
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Thank you for all of your lovely comments again. I’m so pleased it’s been useful! I wasn’t sure how a largely non-Disney food report would be received beforehand and don’t worry, I’ll be back with a Disney one next year

Today we got up for early entry again and hit Hagrid’s. It was clearly going to be a busy day as the crowds were already significantly higher than during the week. Hagrid’s actually had a delayed opening which was annoying as we were pretty far up the queue - when it finally opened, we only waited around 25/30 minutes but because of the delay it was more like an hour. We got front row again which was so amazing and a great way to start the final set of rides.

We also then went on velocicoaster before heading back to Hard Rock to check out. I may have shed a little tear doing this, I really didn’t want to leave! We left our bags with bell services and then went back into Islands for our Mythos reservation.

W ordered a cranberry juice to drink and also promised to share the Potion of the Gods with me. This is Malibu Coconut rum, Captain Morgan Spiced rum, black raspberry liqueur, orange, cranberry, pineapple juices with a float of Cruzan 137 rum.

It is HUGE! Pic next to the cranberry juice for comparison.

This was really good. At first I took a sip and literally just got the float of rum on the top! When I added the straw and stirred it though it was lovely and nowhere near as strong as I thought it might be. I’d definitely have it again (to share!).

To start, we shared the Spanakopita Dip which is a blend of spinach, feta cheese, lemon and fresh herbs, served hot with fresh pita chips seasoned with za'atar spice.

This was super good. It was so flavourful, great seasoning and the perfect texture for spooning onto the pita chips. The pita chips themselves were also really good and crunchy. A perfect starter!

W then ordered the Balsamic Grilled Chicken Sandwich which is marinated grilled chicken breast, roasted garlic lime cilantro aioli, bacon, grilled red onion, lettuce, tomato and mozzarella cheese, served with fries.

He loved this. The chicken was really well cooked, the aioli was amazing and it all went together really well.

I ordered the Fork, Knife and Spoon Grilled Cheese. I’d seen this beforehand and knew I was ordering it as I liked the concept. It’s a 3 cheese grilled sandwich set in a Tuscan tomato soup with crispy pork belly and housemade chips.

This definitely lived up to expectations, I loved it. Somehow the bread doesn’t go completely soggy when sitting in the soup which makes it even better. The pork belly pieces really added to it and I could’ve had even more of the soup to dip the sandwich in. A really, really good dish and something I think anyone should try if you plan to go to Mythos.

We’d always seen the awards Mythos have won but weren’t sure if to believe the hype. Well, we are convinced after today! It was such a good last lunch and really topped off our time at Universal. I’d highly recommend booking a meal here and it was also really reasonably priced. The bill was as follows:

We then rounded off the trip in Studios with Men in Black, Gringotts and Rip Rocket. We were really grateful of the express passes as some of the queues were crazy!

We have had such an amazing trip and are so sad that it’s over. It is definitely easier flying home knowing that we have another trip booked in 11 months I don’t think we’ve ever already had another Orlando trip booked when flying home so that’s exciting!

I will update with the return flight food if we happen to be awake for it. We’re also planning to rate each meal/restaurant to entertain ourselves on the flight, so I’ll add that on here too.

Thank you everyone for following along!

Edited at 12:47 AM.