Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Oct 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

First Lightning Lane Price Increase

Didn’t take them long to increase prices of the Lightning Lane passes! I didn’t realise the prices fluctuate. Think that’s wrong to be honest, it should just be a set fee for each pass IMO.

wdwmagic/other/disne...-purchases.htm
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It was in the initial announcement that prices would fluctuate, just like US ticket prices do. The examples in the first price announcement also showed that it would be more on weekends.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I wonder how much it'll go up over Christmas ,🤔😳
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
I wonder how much it'll go up over Christmas ,🤔😳
If we use ticket prices as a guide, there's a roughly 20% swing from the average price either way during low and peak season from memory. October is considered average, so I wouldn't expect it to go up by more than about $3 at the top end of the scale in peak, so $18 for Rise. Would be nice if it went down to $12 in low season too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the seasonal pricing though.
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It was in the initial announcement that prices would fluctuate, just like US ticket prices do. The examples in the first price announcement also showed that it would be more on weekends.
I don’t think anybody expected prices to go up within the first few days though
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I don’t think anybody expected prices to go up within the first few days though
As I said though, it was in the price announcement. They listed examples that this weekend would be more expensive than the first few days. Inferring that it would always be more at weekends, which I know was picked up by various Disney news sites. Probably discussed here too but can't be bothered looking back through the huge threads.

"Prices will vary by date, attraction and park. For example, the Lightning Lane entrance to Remy's Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 (USD) per person on October 19 and $11 (USD) per person on October 23. As another example, on both those dates, Lightning Lane entrance to Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will be $7 (USD) per person, while Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be $15 (USD) per person. Throughout the year, prices may be lower on some days and higher on other days. This option may be purchased at up to 2 different attractions each day."

disneyworld.disney.go/genie/lightning-lane/

Edited at 04:30 PM.
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

It’s the weekend so it’ll be interesting to see if those increased prices hold until Sunday and whether they come back down for Monday.
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Admission is $143 + tax on Saturday for MK too😮
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If we use ticket prices as a guide, there's a roughly 20% swing from the average price either way during low and peak season from memory. October is considered average, so I wouldn't expect it to go up by more than about $3 at the top end of the scale in peak, so $18 for Rise. Would be nice if it went down to $12 in low season too, but I'm not holding my breath.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the seasonal pricing though.
Staying off-site I doubt we'll have any chance of getting it,even if we wanted to pay for it 😳
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Bob Chapek would enclose MK in an airtight Dome and then charge for oxygen if he could.

Disney has never been "cheap" but ultimately knows people on a tight timeframe will pay it anyway. Mind boggling to think spending say a day in the Disney parks with a family of 4 will probably be more than the rent or mortgage for the month
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List