Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Nov 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
Hi any word back from Attraction Tickets? I have Ultimate Tickets bought from them and linked for January 2022 but was thinking about swapping them for Magic Tickets with Genie+. I was looking at the 7 day magic tickets on their web site but Genie+ ones are £80 more which works out more than £6.99 per day. I may still pay that and was going email them but came across this post. Please post how you get on. Thank you.
The £6.99 price is only for 14 day tickets. Can't remember exactly what it is for 7 day tickets, but it's definitely higher.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
frances01
Excited about Disney

Loves2plan thank you for that. I did wonder if that was the case. I have been a bit late looking in to Genie+ because I was so disgusted at them taking fastpasses away on top of all the other changes.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Jan 22 Orlando
frances01 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
The £6.99 price is only for 14 day tickets. Can't remember exactly what it is for 7 day tickets, but it's definitely higher.
Can you link me to the offer please? We are planning on using 4 days of our 7 day pass so probably best buying on the day if the parks are busy?
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
Anyone had any luck adding the UK offer for Genie+ (£6.99 per day) to existing tickets they had already bought?

I emailed Disney but they say because I didnít buy them direct with them they canít help me. I bought from Attractions tickets as I had money left from previous tickets.

I said I wouldnít buy Genie+ but Iím going in July and know the queues will be long and this offer makes it more attractive.
I got my tickets direct from Disney and they can change my tickets to magic tickets (for an extra cost of £20 each pp, but I'm not adding the Genie+ to my tickets as I wont use it for all days we are there, its going to work out cheaper to add it for the few days I need it
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
Hi any word back from Attraction Tickets? I have Ultimate Tickets bought from them and linked for January 2022 but was thinking about swapping them for Magic Tickets with Genie+. I was looking at the 7 day magic tickets on their web site but Genie+ ones are £80 more which works out more than £6.99 per day. I may still pay that and was going email them but came across this post. Please post how you get on. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Stokieuk View Post
Can you link me to the offer please? We are planning on using 4 days of our 7 day pass so probably best buying on the day if the parks are busy?
There's no Genie+ deal on the 7 day pass. The discount rate is only valid on the 14 day pass.

For 7 days, it's £10.99 per day which is the same price as paying for it there. Maybe a very slight saving once tax is factored in depending on the exchange rate at the time, but if you're not planning on using it every day anyway, stick with the tickets you have and just add Genie+ on each morning you want it.

Edited at 05:05 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Ready for 2022

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If it's a tickets only booking, I believe what ATD are doing is cancelling the Ultimates and switching you to Magic tickets with the Genie+ option added.
Becoming a habit to agree with loldis...

To add to this - we were Ultimate Tickets only (no resort etc) with ATD with the flex-plus option.

We've added the Genie+ to the tickets and, yes, they had to be "upgraded" to Magic tickets. Total - £100 each.

The one AWESOME part of the Magic 14 day ticket - is that it spans 18 days! So if you're lucky enough, like us, to be going for 3 weeks - you can now spread the Disney Magic nearly across the whole trip. That was worth the additional money on its own.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... 2022 - here we come for three weeks!
khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

We have just changed our ATD direct tickets to Magic tickets with Genie + added.
Just had to cut up our existing tickets and photograph them which was terrifying!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Apprentice Imagineer

Is this the deal where you pay for duration of the ticket upfront and it works out at £6.99 a day?

Even if you have 14 day tickets make sure you know how many days you have to go in that time for this to be worthwhile. Weíre only going 7 days on our trip so not worth it for us.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Is this the deal where you pay for duration of the ticket upfront and it works out at £6.99 a day?

Even if you have 14 day tickets make sure you know how many days you have to go in that time for this to be worthwhile. Weíre only going 7 days on our trip so not worth it for us.
That's right, the break even point is 9 days, so it's only worth adding in advance if you'll use it for at least 9 days. Although some people may want to add it just so they can tick it off in advance and not have to think about it when they're there.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just to update everyone - got an email back from Attractions Tickets.
Iíve to cut up my tickets and send them a photo. They will then upgrade me to Magic Tickets with Genie+ for £100 per person.

2.50pm
Email sent with photo of cut up tickets. Reply to say tickets cancelled and new tickets will be sent out.

Edited at 03:52 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List