Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 19 Jan 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

Hi. Just so you know RC have recently introduced a new rule to stop people sharing drinks packages. Both people in the stateroom have to have a drinks package , or neither if you see what I mean.
You can buy the package up front and it appears on your cruise planner. If you have onboard credit that will automatically get used towards it now as well. It’s easy to cancel and rebook if the price comes down. I think now it also includes specialty coffees and freshly squeezed juice it’s easier to feel like you’re getting your money’s worth.
Old 19 Jan 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen1512 View Post
Hi. Just so you know RC have recently introduced a new rule to stop people sharing drinks packages. Both people in the stateroom have to have a drinks package , or neither if you see what I mean.
You can buy the package up front and it appears on your cruise planner. If you have onboard credit that will automatically get used towards it now as well. It’s easy to cancel and rebook if the price comes down. I think now it also includes specialty coffees and freshly squeezed juice it’s easier to feel like you’re getting your money’s worth.
If you are genuinely not sharing you can ring up and tell RC that if someone doesn’t drink alcohol out of choice or medical reasons. They will then allow you to buy the package just for the person who wants it.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
There is a sale currently on at RCI for drinks, meals and excursions. Last for the next 4 days. Its not as good as the Black Friday sale but is around 30% the packages.
How do I book this? I’ve just been on my cruise planner and it’s still showing the same price as before? It is selected cruises only? Thanks.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
How do I book this? I’ve just been on my cruise planner and it’s still showing the same price as before? It is selected cruises only? Thanks.
If its available then it will be showing on the cruise planner. Doesn't have a feel of a selected cruises only when you see the offer. In fact its on the front page of their website.

royalcaribbean/ass...-25Jan2018.pdf

Edited at 01:20 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

It looks like I can’t get it as I booked with a US travel agent rather than Uk. (But saved £500 by doing that) I will have to keep an eye out on the US website for a similar deal. Thanks anyway.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Mobile

I have emailed my US travel agent to see if they have any offers on over there at the moment. She emailed back to say it was buy one get one half price. Great, I thought, until she gave me the exact same price as I have been seeing in the cruise planner for the past two weeks! Does anyone know how much the drinks packages normally are? This is coming up at $48 plus gratuities per person per day ($56) and apparently that is the get one half price offer. If this is a genuine offer, I don’t want to miss out. We are sailing on Majesty by the way.
Old 19 Jan 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
I have emailed my US travel agent to see if they have any offers on over there at the moment. She emailed back to say it was buy one get one half price. Great, I thought, until she gave me the exact same price as I have been seeing in the cruise planner for the past two weeks! Does anyone know how much the drinks packages normally are? This is coming up at $48 plus gratuities per person per day ($56) and apparently that is the get one half price offer. If this is a genuine offer, I don’t want to miss out. We are sailing on Majesty by the way.
The cheapest I saw for our cruise was £35 plus gratuity. We decided not to bother and just had the refreshment package. The exchange rate is a bit better now and that works out about the same. You can always cancel and rebook if the price comes down.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
The cheapest I saw for our cruise was £35 plus gratuity. We decided not to bother and just had the refreshment package. The exchange rate is a bit better now and that works out about the same. You can always cancel and rebook if the price comes down.
I bought ours in a sale and including gratuities works out at £36.70 per person per day in case that helps anyone
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

We've just got back off Oasis of the Seas, three of us has deluxe package, I had refreshment package because I don't drink much. The others thought it was well worth it, it's all top grade drinks too and you tell them what you want in your drinks. I loved my Virgin cocktails and coffees! 😃
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List