Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
paulfoel
Imagineer

Cruise and stay (first time cruise)

We're lucky yo go every year but this year we thought we'd try a 3-4 night cruise then stay for 14 nights.

I see that Disney cruises cost a bit more! Worth the extra?

Best way to get a bargain?
paulfoel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I could not recommend the Disney cruise enough!
I was really hesitant at first, but I've done the cruise twice now and will be doing it again!

It's so much fun, there's so much to do!

Keep an eye out for deals from Disney themselves or Virgin atlantic.
Virgin currently have a sale on so might be worth checking it out
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Welcome to the cruise forum

DCL is definitely more expensive than other cruise lines. For us, it's worth it, for others, it's not. Only you can answer if it's worth it for you ... afterwards!

Little things are included with DCL that may not be included on other cruise lines - all main restaurants, room service, sodas, tea/coffee etc, youth areas (aged 3-18 and open from 9am until at least midnight), cinema, shows.

The Disney difference is what a lot of people say about. The servers will cut up the food for your children, they do magic tricks, allergies are catered for amazingly well plus a service that is second to none.

There are no bargain cruises with DCL I'm afraid and I would shout very loudly for you NOT to use Virgin as your booking agent. DCL do not allow for discounted cruises.
If you want to book, either do it direct or use a US travel agent. But booking direct right now for the newbies is your best bet due to the currency fluctuations.
Please do not use a UK travel agent as your terms and conditions will be very bad and you will not be able to make any amendments without a financial penalty being levied on you.

Come here for advice if you book direct (as opposed to using a US TA) as we have plenty of experience here to help you.

Joa
Old 27 Jan 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I've not sailed with Disney, I'm sure after reading all the glowing reviews that they are a top cruise line to sail with, though they are quite expensive.
Don't discount other cruise lines. It's such a competitive area for holidays that other lines have to offer great service and value to attract customers.
I've sailed with 4 different cruise lines, unfortunately not Disney, and would be happy to sail with any of them again.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 05:33 PM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List