Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Apr 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Best way for CRT ADR - online or phone?

Hi all, our 180 day is approaching and I'm putting together the final plans, one of which will be a dinner at CRT if we can get an ADR for it that is.

We're on the DDP and planning on using 2 credits for this dinner (we'll be off-site one other night so wont really be losing out), but my question is this - is it best to make the CRT ADR online or over the phone with a CM?

I've started making some dummy ADRs just so I can get my head around the process, but i NEVER find CRT hence how I'm thinking that over the phone might be a more successful way.

Thanks
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The phone lines open an hour after online does. So I would always try online first.

Although looking 180 days from now puts you in party season. The evening MK ADRs are all over the place because of it - many aren't allowing evening seatings at the moment. Which may explain why CRT is hard to find, if you happen to be looking at party nights.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The phone lines open an hour after online does. So I would always try online first.

Although looking 180 days from now puts you in party season. The evening MK ADRs are all over the place because of it - many aren't allowing evening seatings at the moment. Which may explain why CRT is hard to find, if you happen to be looking at party nights.
I completely forgot about the party nights - that'll explain a lot!
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've always booked online - I prefer that to phoning 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Susethomasx View Post
Hi all, our 180 day is approaching and I'm putting together the final plans, one of which will be a dinner at CRT if we can get an ADR for it that is.

We're on the DDP and planning on using 2 credits for this dinner (we'll be off-site one other night so wont really be losing out), but my question is this - is it best to make the CRT ADR online or over the phone with a CM?

I've started making some dummy ADRs just so I can get my head around the process, but i NEVER find CRT hence how I'm thinking that over the phone might be a more successful way.

Thanks
Personally I find online better as I don’t like hanging on in a phone queue. But neither method is more effective than the other, there will either be availability or not and at 180 days (unless park / restaurant is closed) there will be availability.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
The only plus about doing it over the phone is that you can confirm that your using dining plan credits and won't be charged as it's pre pay. I haven't done it for a few years but it used to be notorious for charging you online even though you were on the ddp. I'd like to think they'd improved it by now though.

Edited at 07:44 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
The only plus about doing it over the phone is that you can confirm that your using dining plan credits and won't be charged as it's pre pay. I haven't done it for a few years but it used to be notorious for charging you online even though you were on the ddp. I'd like to think they'd improved it by now though.
Booked it online last year, a few times as kept changing mind on date / time. Didn’t have to pay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Yes I believe it has changed and now recognises if you have a dining plan 👍🏻