Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Feb 18, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The reviews don't sound to promising, thought they were improving according to there recent press release .
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Non existent on BA European flights unless you are prepared to pay for an M&S sandwich (£4 ish) and tea at £2.30 a cup!

On long haul I can only comment on Club level - and their offerings are excellent. We have even had Chateaubriand.

Edited at 01:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Any more news?
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 04:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We flew yesterday to Tampa. I thought the food was decent for airline food. We had pretzels after take off. The meal was chicken casserole with kale mash, or tomato and marscapone pasta. The children had chicken nuggets and mash with sweet corn, peas and peppers. My two cleared it all! Theirs came with a roasted veg salad thing, carton of ribena and a yoghurt.

There was a caramel magnum, then afternoon tea which was chicken Caesar sandwich and chcolate shortbread, kids had cheese sandwich and kitkat
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
[QUOTE=sky13;13052456]Just flew BA LGW to MCO today. Lunch was decent but nothing too spectacular (I think it was mash potatoes with gravy and chicken bits, some salad, the usual bread/butter and cheese/crackers, a chocolate-type mousse pot). They came around mid flight with caramel Magnums (full size if anyone wants to know!). Then a sandwich and shortbread biscuit before landing.

Don't get too excited about the full size magnums. They bought the wrong ones and when they have gone it will be the mini size.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Did more long haul flights with BA last few days (MCO-LGW, LHR-SIN).

MCO-LGW: apparently either chicken with rice, or cheese pasta. I got the cheese pasta which was decent but nothing too exciting. Some side dish, cheese and crackers, bread, a little dessert pot I think. Then before landing I think it was a cold snack (sandwich?) and a cereal bar.

LHR-SIN: strangely, was also apparently either chicken with rice or pasta. I got the chicken with rice which was actually quite yummy. And the usual side dish, cheese and crackers, bread, little dessert pot. Before landing it was a box (can't remember what was inside for some reason) and hot food (either frittata or English breakfast).

Food was decent and kept me full. But my standards are a bit higher because I used to fly between London-Singapore with Singapore airlines which has more food on this route plus they come around in the middle of the flight with a selection of snacks (chocolate, crisps, sandwiches, fruit) and they had ice cream...

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
Don't get too excited about the full size magnums. They bought the wrong ones and when they have gone it will be the mini size.
Actually I thought the full size magnums were too big :P So the mini size might actually be just right...
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Any more updates?
Am hoping for a better breakfast when I fly home :'(
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LES353
Apprentice Imagineer

LES353's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just back earlier today JFK-EDI we had chicken curry, mini salad with dressing, Jacobs crackers with cheddar cheese spread, mini roll and chocolate orange cake. Was tasty enough. Cream cheese pretzel before landing but didn't open as didn't look very tasty. The white wine 'Dudley Stone' was very tasty
Old 11 Apr 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs togs
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Surprisingly tasty curry and chicken meals, nice magnum but no sign of any snacks or graze boxes
Breakfast blahhhhhhhhhh
Old 11 Apr 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Got back last Friday - flew out on BA but it was an AA plane on the way back so can't talk about the breakfast.

On the way out when it was a BA plane we were given pasta which was decent (for plane food) and a little pot of chocolate ganache (bit like a GU pot). We were then given a mini Magnum during the flight and then, before landing, we were given a sandwich which we think was a chicken type but we are struggling to remember! It was better than the AA offerings on the way back!

Edited at 09:41 PM.
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List