Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disdaydream
Excited about Disney

Disdaydream's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Disney world for christmas or wait

Ok so the post Disney blues has had me looking at holidays again (even although we weren't planning a trip until Aug 2018) ... We are now thinking of a cheeky one week trip in early December ... Those of you who have done Disney near Christmas is it worth the extra trip or should I save my money and stay longer (3 weeks) next August?
DS will be 8 years old at Christmas so hoping he will still find it magical and appreciate the experience ... But am so undecided
What are the extra special things we can see in December?
Thanks for any advice you can share
Disdaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
All the parks and resorts are decorated for Christmas, and look fantastic. On certain nights there is MVMCP, which is a specially ticketed event, with character meet and greets, parade, shows and fireworks.
I have been there actually over Christmas and the atmosphere is amazing. You could also do some Christmas shopping

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I love the first week in December - most days the weather is like our summer (nice and warm but low humidity) so great for walking round the parks, although it can get a bit chilly in the evening. The crowd levels are quite moderate so lines aren't quite as bad as summer! The decorations are fantastic, there is Christmas music everywhere and they have US 'A' listers telling the Christmas story at the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. You can also see Santa and Mrs Claus. I think it is definitely worth the visit. I've done over Christmas twice and early December twice and love it.
Old 24 Jan 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, I have only ever been in early December and can not think of any other time I would want to go. It is beautiful and very special everywhere. Universal and Seaworld are also worth a visit if you could stretch the time and budget.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post

We went first week in December 2016, the parks and resorts are decorated and theyre beautiful.

We found it very busy as there was a free dining promotion on for American families over thanksgiving and a lot of families stuck around for the first few days in December.

Personally, I don't think a week is long enough and i'd want to wait and do 3. Although the Christmas atmosphere is incredible, I'd rather wait and have a blow out 3 weeks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
Personally, I don't think a week is long enough and i'd want to wait and do 3. Although the Christmas atmosphere is incredible, I'd rather wait and have a blow out 3 weeks!
Snap. I never want to leave even after 2 weeks so 3 weeks next Aug would be perfect for me.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Hard choice 1 week lower temperatures, lower crowds, Christmas Decorations, Christmas shopping v 3 weeks hot and humid, potentially busier depending on dates. I love the cooler months as you can get much more done in a day but then I am not really a sun lover so depends on you and your family.
I think if you could go for even 10 days in December it would win hands down for me but if only 7 days by the time you take off first and last days in my opinion with a 8 year old not long enough.
Good luck with your decision
Mel49 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Christmas is a great time. We have been end of November/beginning of December last few years. The decorations are lovely. Last year the weather was great.
Difficult though as long way to go for 1 weeek when you could go in August for 3 instead of 2.