Old 5 Feb 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 9 - Shopping @ The loop & MK

It was Saturday today and we had decided on a more relaxed day. We had 2 fast passes booked this evening for Space Mountain & Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre otherwise known as talking Mickey Ireland were playing New Zealand in the rugby today, it was at 3pm USA time but they weren't showing it on tv here until 8pm. Robbie had checked and the Irish bar Devenneys that was down the he road from us was showing it. So we started the day with a relaxed breakfast at the villa. Cereal for the kids & Robbie and a banana nut muffin for me, I am on holidays after all

After breakfast we decided to try The Loop, we had never gone and Robbie's mum always talks about loving the shopping there plus I've seen it mentioned on the dibb. We decided to split up when we got there, I took Odhrán with me and Fionn went with Robbie.
I had a quick look in Ross at the flip flops and got 2 pairs of Tommy Hilfiger flip flops to bring home to friends, they were $8 each

Next I walked to the pet store which was quite a long way down. I was looking for a nice collar and lead for our dog, he has a red Disney one at the moment so I wanted something special if it was to replace that but I couldn't find anything. Here a pic of him anyway He was on his own holidays in my mum & dads.

Robbie text me at this point to see where I was and tell me to come to Jareds. He had lost his wedding ring on the June Bank Holiday weekend here in Ireland. We had been at the beach and he was fiddling with it, he dropped it and it sunk straight into the sand, we searched for over an hour but couldn't find it We had decided to wait until we were here to buy a new one. Odhran and I walked to Jareds which was miles away and included crossing roads...what's the story with the lack of footpaths and pedestrian crossings!?! We had to make a mad dash to cross! Anyway, looked at the ring & he ended up buying it
Next we swapped kiddies and I went to TJ Maxx, this time with Fionn in tow. Robbie went back to get the car and bring it to this side of the retail park.
I found loads in this particular store. It was so tidy and well laid out so I didn't have to rummage at all, I'm no good with that type of shopping. Fionn took a few selfies with my phone, mad child! He went to look at the toy section then while I tried stuff on.

I bought fit flops for $40, I find these the most comfortable shoes for the parks and wear a pair for most of the holiday so was thrilled to find this bargain.

Oversized light sweater for $8

Waterfall cardi $15

Michael Kors sweater $29,this had been reduced a few times from $99.50 originally and was now clearance stock

Max relaxed skinnies $20

Calvin Klein black sweater $35

Fionn found a beanboozle set and a snorkelling set that he wanted so he bought them with his holiday money. We headed back to the villa thenstopping in Dunkin Donuts along the way for some lunchtime snacks.
Kids were straight in the pool when we got back to try out the snorkel!

Our space mountain fast pass for for 5-6 and talking Mickey was 6.10-7.10 so we headed to Magic Kingdom for about 5.30. We took some photos of the Xmas decorations on our way to Space Mountain

After our fast pass the Tomorrowland Dance Party was on so we hung out there for a while.

Poser!

Even though we had a fast pass we queued for nearly 25 minutes, the longest we queued all holiday. It was so worth it though, this was another first for us (I keep forgetting to point out the firsts in the trip report and we did so many things for the first time on this holiday!)

It was after 7 when we were leaving and Robbie was starting to stress about time as we still had to get monorail to TTC then a tram to the car and then he was dropping us back to the villa before heading to Devenneys to watch the rugby. We were lucky and made it back to the car easily so we're home before 8 & Robbie was just in time for the match. He got food there and I ordered pizza for us. I sorted out my shopping a bit, wrote up some notes & photographed purchases for the evening. Robbie had avoided the internet since 3 so that he wouldn't see the results. I had secretly checked when we were in the MK and knew we had won the match. Beating New Zealand was a huge thing for Ireland and hadn't been done before so I was thrilled and excited for Robbie to see the match. He was texting me all through it and I was pretending I knew nothing he came back to the villa a very happy man Another lovely day topped off nicely with our rugby win

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by codym - 5 Feb 17 7:38 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A great day with some bargains purchased

Joan
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Great day...and well done on the rugby
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
Great day...and well done on the rugby

Thanks for reading x
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A lovely day, nice for Robbie to get his replacement wedding ring too.
Old 14 Feb 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another great day!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A lovely day, nice for Robbie to get his replacement wedding ring too.
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Another great day!
Thanks for reading & commenting xx
Old 27 Feb 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We had some great bargains in tjmax at the loop last year aswell another great day with Ireland winning aswell to top your day.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
We had some great bargains in tjmax at the loop last year aswell another great day with Ireland winning aswell to top your day.
Oh good to know it wasn't a once off. I really liked the store, it seemed so much tidier & organised than the usual ones, will definitely head back to the loop!