Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Jan 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Chopra
Earning More Ears

Using Uber -Advice please

Hi,
In August we will be staying at Old Key West resort. During previous visits we have always pre-booked with one of the Dibb advertisers transport firms when going from OKW to Universal especially when leaving early morning to check in for a 1 night stay at Hard Rock Hotel
I understand using Uber may be a lot cheaper option but have no experience of using this service.
Has any one got any experience of Uber for similar journeys and if so are there any pros and cons?
Old 16 Jan 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tutter2
Excited about Disney

Used them for 9 journeys in 3 days last month. This was the first time we had used Uber and I must admit to being totally hooked.

We used them from Disney to various hotels, shopping mall trips and airport runs and not once did we wait for over 6 minutes !
All our drivers were polite and I checked the routes on my iPhone maps and all were taking the quickest route.

Received my cc bill and it was ridulous seeing £7 fares - bargain against mears and the like.

Thoroughly recommend on every level -)
Old 16 Jan 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’d recommend Lyft

It’s similar to Uber but I liked knowing the full cost of the ride before getting in

Search for discount codes before signing up and you’ll save more
Old 16 Jan 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
WE used Uber on our last trip, we had no issues at all with them. The price quoted on the app was the final price that we paid for the journey. On one of our journeys we even had a Disney cast member drive us

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
joanne42
Getting Excited

We used uber last August for the first time and will be using again this time, uber xl as there was 6 of us so much cheaper than cabs(we don't drive out there). Never had to wait used to and from parks and shopping, we liked that you knew what car was coming,how much and you do not have to tip unless you choose to, just rate the driver. Even leaving after the parades no problem picking one up, and the surge prices for peak time are hardly anything. We stayed on id the most we paid for the 6 of us was animal kingdom when park closed about $20 dollars, in the past have used the cab service from hotel and paid about $35 each way. Also like you have a running total so you can see what you spent and if you set up more than one account you re sent promo codes, we got first trip for free
joanne42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

We used uber last year - sanford to pofq was only $40! Easy to use, arrived in minutes and so cheap. I'll def use them again next time.
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lshep84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
We used uber last year - sanford to pofq was only $40! Easy to use, arrived in minutes and so cheap. I'll def use them again next time.
Traceyt - we are planning on using Uber from Sanford in October to get to Disney’s Beach club resort!
Can I ask, did you have problems with WiFi at Sanford airport when you arrived? That’s all that is worrying me, not been able to log into the app to request a car? X
lshep84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

are all first trips free when you sign up ? ? ?

as we are going to NY first, surely JFK to Hells kitchen isnt going to be free ? ? ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Hi ishep84, sorry for the late response - no problems with wi fi at sanford. We booked the uber as soon as we had our luggage and it was there within 5 mins. Definately using it next time.
Old 1 Apr 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

I'll give you one piece of advice I wish I'd known!

I am not tech savvy at all, I downloaded the app it seemed to be working fine but it would not accept any payment method I put in. So just gave up in the end.

Well how stupid am I? I still had my phone on aeroplane mode therefore not receiving texts. My bank had flagged it as an unusual transaction and had sent me one of those texts to confirm it is a genuine transaction.

Duh...
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List