Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Seasickness?

So after stepping off of the Disney Dream and being so glad to be back on dry land. Cancelling our planned Europe Disney cruise for this August as it really put me off. Whilst talking to the cast member, who sailed the same week, to discover the weather was really bad that week. And also watching back our footage and seeing how much our little lady loved it.

IF the Disney Magic returns to Europe in 2019, really hoping for the May Half term. How can I reduce my sea sickness issue?

We were on deck 9 and when I went down into the ship I felt worse but it was the going to sleep that really got me. Our bed faced backwards to the way the ship was sailing. So I felt like I was being pulled back. If I got into my little lady's bed which was going side ways I slept better.

Just wondering if there was a way to combat the seasickness? My little lady asks about the Mickey Boat everyday and we only get to visit Disney World every 5 years or so if we are lucky so a Europe cruise would be more achieviable

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I get seasickness walking across a puddle, but I was fine on the Magic in the Med in September.

I took Stugeron for a few days before and the first few days. Boots tablets knock me out but Stugeron didn’t.

Also took crystallised ginger to suck but didn’t need it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I get seasickness walking across a puddle, but I was fine on the Magic in the Med in September.

I took Stugeron for a few days before and the first few days. Boots tablets knock me out but Stugeron didn’t.

Also took crystallised ginger to suck but didn’t need it.
Thank you. I have never had any issues with motion before. I saw something about ear patches. I would love to be able to take her again whilst small enough for it to be magical. I just don't want to feel ill for a week

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
There are patches - I think you have to go to your doctor for those.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

I have ear seeds which you can get from an acupuncturist. I found these worked wonders, never had any problems. I did have stugeron as a back up too.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
There's no 'one cure for all' with sea sickness. What works for one person can make another feel even worse, so although recommendations are great, you need to actually try them out (I know, a pain in the rear!)

My niece uses the pressure bands on her wrists, they work for her. She also takes the tablets that you can get for free from the Health Centre on deck 1.

Proven data is that the lower on the ship you are, the less movement you will feel. So, middle and bottom is best, high and front/back is worse. That's not to say you won't be sick down there, it's just that you feel less movement.

Joa
Old 19 Jan 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

If it helps, I was on Deck 2 (brilliant location as we rarely needed the lifts!) and although I did sometimes feel that ‘being pulled backwards’ thing at night, it didn’t make me feel sick, and I couldn’t otherwise feel the movement.