Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile Jamaica state of emergency

Anyone else travelling to Falmouth Jamaica on the Disney Fantasy? Just wondering if they will ditch the stop in Jamaica and have a day at sea or stop at another island.

I don’t go until April and to be honest it wasn’t somewhere I was that stoked about visiting anyway.

I certainly won’t be getting off the ship now, especially not with my 8 month old DD in tow 😬
Old 20 Jan 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Good grief I've just read the report on Sky news, I would definitely be staying on the ship if that were me Hope you enjoy your hols!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Good grief I've just read the report on Sky news, I would definitely be staying on the ship if that were me Hope you enjoy your hols!
Thank you! Things may have blown over by the time I go but I think we’ll stay on the ship regardless. We weren’t planning on going anywhere past the cruise port anyway so we won’t be missing much.

I know that the issues are in Montego Bay and not Falmouth but it’s still only around 20 miles away which is a bit too close to home for my liking!
Old 20 Jan 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Anyone else travelling to Falmouth Jamaica on the Disney Fantasy? Just wondering if they will ditch the stop in Jamaica and have a day at sea or stop at another island.

I don’t go until April and to be honest it wasn’t somewhere I was that stoked about visiting anyway.

I certainly won’t be getting off the ship now, especially not with my 8 month old DD in tow 😬
We were wondering about that too - we’ll definitely do a Disney organised excursion if get off the ship. Maybe they’ll got to St Maarten instead, eh? Or is that wishful thinking!
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
rebeccarobbins
slightly serious Dibber

rebeccarobbins's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi

We were there in October (on a re-routed Eastern Caribbean cruise). We just walked round the harbour area. There wasn't an awful lot there tbh. We just treated it as like another sea day.
Had been to Jamaica before and in all honesty didn't feel particularly safe so I didn't want to take my DS out of the harbour area x
rebeccarobbins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by U2fan View Post
We were wondering about that too - we’ll definitely do a Disney organised excursion if get off the ship. Maybe they’ll got to St Maarten instead, eh? Or is that wishful thinking!
Haha! I would love to go back there, no idea why they stopped visiting, it’s such a shame for us plane geeks!
Old 21 Jan 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by rebeccarobbins View Post
Hi

We were there in October (on a re-routed Eastern Caribbean cruise). We just walked round the harbour area. There wasn't an awful lot there tbh. We just treated it as like another sea day.
Had been to Jamaica before and in all honesty didn't feel particularly safe so I didn't want to take my DS out of the harbour area x
That’s as far as I’ll be going if we do get off the ship. Can I ask why you didn’t feel safe?
Old 21 Jan 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went to Falmouth too in November on a re routed cruise. We went on a trip to Blue Water Beach. Cost $30 each for taxi and beach entrance. Beach average, loud music all day, Drinks expensive, WiFi didn’t work, extra $5 each for umbrellas and chairs. Felt a bit ripped off really. Taxi ride was no more than 10 minutes away. Cost about £120 for 3 hours on a beach. We went back to the harbour area, looked around the shops, drinks in Margaritavile and wished we had just stayed there really.
If you don’t go to Falmouth you are not really missing much.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

The port area for the cruise ships at Falmouth is in a secure area with gate and a guard .There is no reason to go outside this unless you are going on an excursion because there is nowhere to walk to .
Old 21 Jan 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
U2fan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We went to Falmouth too in November on a re routed cruise. We went on a trip to Blue Water Beach. Cost $30 each for taxi and beach entrance. Beach average, loud music all day, Drinks expensive, WiFi didn’t work, extra $5 each for umbrellas and chairs. Felt a bit ripped off really. Taxi ride was no more than 10 minutes away. Cost about £120 for 3 hours on a beach. We went back to the harbour area, looked around the shops, drinks in Margaritavile and wished we had just stayed there really.
If you don’t go to Falmouth you are not really missing much.
I've seen that there's a free pool you can use at Margaritaville. Did you use/see that Smilesonfaces? I'm tempted to just stay there for a few hours!
U2fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread