Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Mar 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

That’s interesting Stecee, as I thought everyone would say that 25/8 was the better one - so shows how little I know!

I am hoping the 1/9 is a bit cheaper being as though it’s the end of the school holidays, but it would mean my boys would miss the first two days of the new school term, so I should really avoid them!

Yes, I’ll post my costings here as soon as I hear to give you some idea. We are only going for an inside sideways room on deck 5, as we fell in love with those on the classic Disney ships a few years ago and would only choose those on either the Magic or the Wonder now!

And yes, I regularly place holds on two cruises until I can see the costings! I don’t understand why Disney don’t announce the starting prices when they announce the itineraries, as I’m sure many people place a hold until they can properly sit down and work out if they can afford it! Especially with Disney prices these days!

Edited at 12:13 PM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

We had our first cruise last July to Norwegian Fjords with p o loved it o first sea day people got Sun burnt lovely day.
Was a bit cool sometimes we didn't get any rain had warm days as well .
Ports were Stavanget done the Lysefjord and Pulpit rock excursion very nice included a snack of waffles.
Then explored Stavanger pm lovely day.

Next port Flam Very pretty done Norway in a Nutshell excursions o n stunning views and waterfalls

Next port olden, we done the Briksdale glacier excursion again lovely then wondered around pm. Fantastic .

Last port Haugesund just a town wouldn't go on a cruise that visited here again waste of a day

We had a balcony cabin I was up 5/6pm watching the sailing through the fjords stunning .
I keep looking at other cruises but I just want to go back to fjords well worth it and we booked ships excursions guides were very good fun and informative.

Edited at 12:16 PM.
tikka234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d vote for the first one but i haven’t been yet. They look like smaller ports rather than cities and I think for Norway it’s the smaller ports that are more appealing
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Thank you tikka that’s really helpful.

I’m the same as you Bev, the small ports seem very appealing and different. Although I admit that I’ve heard lots of great things about Copenhagen so that appeals, and now it sounds as though Oslo is a great place to visit also.

I think pricing/vs missing school might end up playing a huge part in this and I’m hoping there are no bad choices! Lol!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The ones we are torn between is the fjords on 25/8 it the one on the 18/8 which goes to Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Stavanger. I am sure the fjords will be more picturesque but I have always wanted to go to Copenhagen! Decisions decisions!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
The ones we are torn between is the fjords on 25/8 it the one on the 18/8 which goes to Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Stavanger. I am sure the fjords will be more picturesque but I have always wanted to go to Copenhagen! Decisions decisions!
I was looking at 18/8 too (tbh I’ve been looking at them ALL! Lol!), as I’d like to go to Copenhagen, but Amsterdam has never been high on my list and I know zero about Gothenburg!

Ooh but just remembered that the Anne Frank house is in Amsterdam - and I would like to visit that!

It’s getting a harder decision, not easier! Hehe

Edited at 12:32 PM.
Old 3 Mar 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Yes, I’ll post my costings here as soon as I hear to give you some idea. We are only going for an inside sideways room on deck 5, as we fell in love with those on the classic Disney ships a few years ago and would only choose those on either the Magic or the Wonder now!
Sorry to jump on this. We are looking at these too. Can I just ask what it the appeal of these cabins? I had real problems feeling like I was being dragged backwards in the night on our Dream cruise. Just wondered if the beds where in a different position being sideways?

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
Sorry to jump on this. We are looking at these too. Can I just ask what it the appeal of these cabins? I had real problems feeling like I was being dragged backwards in the night on our Dream cruise. Just wondered if the beds where in a different position being sideways?
For me it’s just a feeling of having more space because of the layout. I find the traditional cabins feel narrow, whereas these don’t. But I think it’s a personal preference rather than any actual extra space!

The main appeal to me though is being on deck 5 - it’s where the kids clubs are and the movie theatre - because of that you aren’t in long narrow corridors full of cabins, the majority of the deck is very wide and quiet (because whilst the kids clubs are there, the corridors themselves are normally empty) - it feels like a quieter more exclusive level somehow as there are only a few cabins at either end of the deck. But as I say, whilst it’s my favourite location, it might be something that is peculiar to me (and I can be peculiar! Lol!)
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
For me it’s just a feeling of having more space because of the layout. I find the traditional cabins feel narrow, whereas these don’t. But I think it’s a personal preference rather than any actual extra space!

The main appeal to me though is being on deck 5 - it’s where the kids clubs are and the movie theatre - because of that you aren’t in long narrow corridors full of cabins, the majority of the deck is very wide and quiet (because whilst the kids clubs are there, the corridors themselves are normally empty) - it feels like a quieter more exclusive level somehow as there are only a few cabins at either end of the deck. But as I say, whilst it’s my favourite location, it might be something that is peculiar to me (and I can be peculiar! Lol!)
Thanks for sharing your reasons. You have made us look at deck five. I think the only way we can book is an inside cabin. Looking at deck five you only have to walk down to deck 4 if you need some fresh air too

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
Thanks for sharing your reasons. You have made us look at deck five. I think the only way we can book is an inside cabin. Looking at deck five you only have to walk down to deck 4 if you need some fresh air too
Indeed and it’s very easy for the restaurants, theatre and shops. Less so for the pools and drink station - but because the wide corridor is always so empty it’s actually ever so quick to walk to the back elevator to get there too! Perfect location imho!