Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Mar 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hello xxx I know you are not looking at Disney Cruise line, but just to say we are booked on the 25/8/19 Norwegian fjords cruise.

I have looked at several other cruise lines for the school holidays next year and we could only find adult only cruises going to the ports that we wanted to do. (I particularly want to go to Geiranger, Olden and Stavanger) xxx
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moodyblue
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hello xxx I know you are not looking at Disney Cruise line, but just to say we are booked on the 25/8/19 Norwegian fjords cruise.

I have looked at several other cruise lines for the school holidays next year and we could only find adult only cruises going to the ports that we wanted to do. (I particularly want to go to Geiranger, Olden and Stavanger) xxx
Hi,

I was thinking of booking that one but even with our placeholder it was expensive and for some reason they would only quote in $ despite me being able to do £ before ☹️

Also won’t work if we decide to go with Mum & Sister with the bed situation. Meredith didn’t set foot in a club last year & meal times were extremely stressful! Would be much better with more relaxed, eat when you want etc...

Have seen a couple that go early July so would fit in with our school holidays... anyway, as you know, too much other stuff going on to make a decision yet...

Xx
Old 11 Mar 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moodyblue View Post
Hi,

I was thinking of booking that one but even with our placeholder it was expensive and for some reason they would only quote in $ despite me being able to do £ before ☹️

Also won’t work if we decide to go with Mum & Sister with the bed situation. Meredith didn’t set foot in a club last year & meal times were extremely stressful! Would be much better with more relaxed, eat when you want etc...

Have seen a couple that go early July so would fit in with our school holidays... anyway, as you know, too much other stuff going on to make a decision yet...

Xx
I did wonder if early July might have good options for you. I would of considered the DCL to Iceland with Norway, (although having since studied the fjords a bit more, that actually wouldn’t of been ideal in terms of the Norwegian ports for us), but Kai is going to Malawi next year with the school and wouldn’t be back in time. So we only had August to look at.

The boys have outgrown the clubs really now too, although they do enjoy wandering around and collecting ‘free food’ as much as ever! Lol!

Sending you big hugs xx
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
We have our first cruise booked on the Britannia to the canaries in October and have booked freedom dining. When you book you get access to a personal planner and it has all your options on it. I initially booked set dining when I booked but changed it on my planner after having second thoughts, I have also booked our excursions having read they were going to be available 12 weeks prior to travel ours were available 8 months out!
Thanks for this info on dining on P&O

It will be helpful to Moodyblue too as well

As for your first cruise, I'm sure it won't be your last!
(This time last year we were about to go on OUR first cruise - and right now we have another FOUR booked and have been on another since! )
It is a great way to holiday and I'm sure you'll love it!

A cruise around the canaries is a great one to do, we've just come back, last month, from a cruise around the Canaries and Madeira and we loved the itinerary!
Enjoy!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List